Regulation Post I Came Across
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    This is dumb. In the next issue of dailyfunder that we're finalizing now, we have a comprehensive article about the regulatory landscape. There is no federal regulation coming.
    "There are knowns and there are unknowns. We know what we know. We don't know what we don't know." Donald Rumsfeld.

I have no idea if the gov will regulate. What I do know is that there are federal entities whose curiosity have been aroused by MCA.

There are guys who are doing things to accelerate the rate to which a business goes under. Causation can be argued; "is it MCA's fault, or is it the business owners' fault?" Another debate for another day.

That notwithstanding, it's hard to see the industry continuing to grow at such a rapid clip without putting the government at risk of losing tax dollars from business owners who can no longer pay because they "have been put under."

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

At the end of the day, there are a lot of moving parts in government at all levels. I cannot say anything with certainty. But lately there is a growing voice of industry participants that think at any moment the feds are going to shut everyone down (and some who wish it) so I've made it a point to go out and get the real story.

What I've found (aside from Operation Choke Point) is a federal government that is supportive of what we are doing, that is learning about the intricacies of what we do, and is offering resources (via governmental record APIs) for funding providers to make more informed decisions. The recurring theme is that small businesses are not consumers and are not afforded the same protections. Most legislators and regulators still to this day have never heard of merchant cash advance and when you explain that they're involved in b2b transactions, they simply do not care to hear anything further.