What's the best 15-30 second "Elevator Pitch" for cold calling a MCA?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

What's the best 15-30 second "Elevator Pitch" for cold calling a MCA?

An elevator pitch is a brief, persuasive speech that you use to spark interest in what your organization does.
    You can also use them to create interest in a project, idea, or product – or in yourself.
    A good elevator pitch should last no longer than a short elevator ride of 20 to 30 seconds, hence the name.

Senior Member Reputation points: 198007

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    An elevator pitch is a brief, persuasive speech that you use to spark interest in what your organization does.
    You can also use them to create interest in a project, idea, or product – or in yourself.
    A good elevator pitch should last no longer than a short elevator ride of 20 to 30 seconds, hence the name.
    Aka I'm new and don't know how to sell. Get lost, punk.

Look everyone! A guy that was never new to anything before! Your post history highlights your useless existence.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5479

You must be calling some triple worked UCC list hahahhahahah

Theres No Elevators on this end just 20 flights of stairs all the way to the top and we just leave em on the roof.... Hence the List your Calling

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

"Hi, my name John from West Coast Funding. I know you've recently been seeking $20,000 to purchase inventory. I've got a better idea: get this $20,000 to spend in Vegas. If you win big you can retire. With minimal winnings you'll be able pay it off early. I'll even get you a prepayment addendum so you can capture some savings. Slots, poker, craps, prostitutes are great business investments. So what do you think? You know you want it. Your wife will never know."

Senior Member Reputation points: 15507

Hello Congradulations! You've been pre approved for $100,000 cash funding. What's the best email to send you more info?

Karen37a
    Onyx

The Key is to ask a series of leading questions...4 or 5 so they do not realize you are pitching them and leading them to the pitch/close.

Ask questions....pause let them talk, use the last word in their sentence( or concept) to ask another question but steer it towards your end goal.

( I will not give out my pitch etc on public sites )

But
    Think of the questions that lead off the last statement, pulling in towards your goal which should be HIM asking YOU for YOUR business card or a second meeting, phone call, solid appointment

( in west coasts example )
    "actual elevator pitch)

Me: "What floor?"
    Him: Penthouse
    ( thinking omg I have a whale stay calm)

Me:"So why did you come to Vegas, I came for a vacation?"
    Him: Well I came for business then I am going to vacation for only one day.

Me:"must be an interesting business to be in Vegas"
    Him: At times.

Me:"What kind is it if you do not mind me asking?"
    Him: We do construction

( are you married? jk for the women to land a millionaire)

Me:"Hmm construction, what kind of construction brings you to vegas?.I think the Taj mahal is built already."

Him: Well we are not doing construction in Vegas...we are here for an investors symposium for construction workers...they are all looking for construction loans

( stay calm pitch )

Me: Wow what a coincidence. I actually do Merchant cash advances ..while they are not for everybody...Most people usually leave Vegas not only without a business networking loan/investment connection ...they lose a lot $$$. **I help the people that can't get traditional loans or capital. People who need money for expansion, growth.The construction industry is tough to get funding because of erratic payments and people not paying after the job is done, but it can be done**

Him:"You mean you are a loan shark.."

Me: Kind of , but its legal and we do not break your legs if you do not pay( we will just hunt you down)...psst if you had a legal loan shark you wouldn't be looking for money right now in Vegas. ( don't speak, awkward silence, first person to talk loses)

Him: Well give me your business card and I will call you, in fact, meet us in the lounge later, a few other companies will be there
    Me: Give me yours as well because I am not into passing out business cards to just reorder them again after no one calls back.

Ok ...if I have the time, I am on vacation.

I get to my room...My boyfriend
    " you are not going down to a lounge to give cash advance seminar on vacation if you do I will just leave and go to the strip joint"

Me: Great...take my business cards I bet the rest of those construction owners are in there..ill meet you there after

Him: I am just going to leave you here . You KNEW an investing seminar was here, thats why you chose this hotel.

Me: I did not...all hotels have seminars, booked every weekend if I came back next week it would be restaurants or something else.

lol
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-29-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Karen37a
    Find an old school Life Insurance Salesmen....they do not pitch over the phone, they go "face to face", "door to door" they get into the house and to the Kitchen table or business back office.

See if you can find a Master General Agent Life insurance Agency owner/manager, they can sell a Fridge to an Eskimo.

( I am saying it sarcastically because I was one, lookup life insurance marketing if you want to do it that way, or credit card processing...they walk into the business or home)

Then keep track of your "walk ins""Kts" Elevator pitches or "face to face" for the week.

10-20 a day
    3 kts
    7 wi
    10 f2f
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Karen37a
    If you want a 30 -60-second pitch for cold calling that's called

" Breaking thru the gatekeeper"
    Capture attention, stay upbeat friendly, use tonality...make them stay on the phone and actually listen( curiosity )...ask pointed questions..Pullllll to the close ....which is Qualifying them, set up the second appointment

It's like a flow chart in computer programming .... if yes then this if no then. ( reask question ) yes...no ...( reask ) yes no .....reask .....final yes = close no = dump.

( the best scripts have the same question whether you say yes or no...universal move to close, selling is a science)

Or like chess moving to the queen, not king. As you practice you can see a few moves out..then you see a lot of moves out and its the same moves over and over on the merchant's side

** this is not Boiler room....they use the slap, tickle, hug rebuttal machine

put them down, then joke ,then offer a solution...objection...slap, tickle, hug, reverse psych, close.

( not hard to fend off 5 people slapping and laughing with each other, jr league)

Best to avoid objections instead of learning how to master rebuttals with cute obnoxious lines...
    ( But If you do both, that is all you can do on the first call, then Add Education and Market Expertise, product knowledge to the mix...and do the right thing.... you will make a lot of money)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 08-29-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    5-6 questions...what their use of funds is, see if you can find out how them accepting an offer for $___will improve the business and, if possible find out if there is any negative effect if they DO NOT get the funds. Try to get them to set their own deadline: "When do you need the $____ by?" You will notice most people asking about revenue, credit score, etc....don't make that the entire conversation, show them you are a valuable person to know, that goes a long way when they believe it.

Sorry, no "elevator pitch", I'm not a huge fan of those...get to the point, be honest and straight forward, show you can listen as well as you speak...keep in mind that this is cash, so you already know your prospects like the product. Play around with a couple different scripts until you find a template that works for you.

And don't just use UCCs and nothing but...find other ways to find new business...hope this helps

Senior Member Reputation points: 8875 Enablement Data's Avatar

You need some money for your business?
    DataOps
    Enablementdata.com
    DataOps@enablementdata.com
    433 Broadway
    New York, NY 10013