Bitcoin is at $4000!!!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

The bitcoin is easily divisible (i.e., 0.000000001 bitcoin) so you don't need to mine more. The incentive to mine is that the miners still get a piece of the transaction costs for each bitcoin that exchanges hands.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    The bitcoin is easily divisible (i.e., 0.000000001 bitcoin) so you don't need to mine more. The incentive to mine is that the miners still get a piece of the transaction costs for each bitcoin that exchanges hands.
    My meaning or thinking was...it would then be more like a fad and its attraction would wear off. Unless new people were incentivized to mine for more.( if there are none left or very few or it becomes too hard). All the frenzied people cant have bitcoin seminars and books and "how to" meetings.

It would be like owning a stock at whatever price $500....and it halts ...

Stockbrokers didn't see the dot-com crash coming...Big investment banks never thought real estate would tank. They couldn't grasp the idea that even though its real estate ( you can touch it ) it could devalue in price and I luckily sold off into the high

( I couldn't go to any party or dinner without someone saying "hey have you heard about csco", in the 90s...I would say yes I bought it before it split 1 zillion times and sold it its worth $3... then the fights would start about how its $300 and I do not know what I am talking about)

When a box boy in the supermarket that I knew from grade school was chasing me up and down the aisles saying "so what do you think about Cisco" I walked off the stockmarket...sold and left.

I finally understood what the saying "when the shoe shine boy is giving you tips, its time to leave the market" really really really meant

Aig couldn't grasp the concept either, in essence "insuring" mortgages worldwide thru default swaps, to almost take the world under. I was embarrassed to say " i was a Master general agent for AIG " for years. They become the world's enemy and a scapegoat.

I have been in too many bubbles...including the last mca/funding/lending bubble....I personally do not like it as a long-term thing. I think its going to pop.

I do not want to jinx or "short" your position if you are in it...maybe I am wrong.

What happens if it gets regulated? I do not think they can keep going not being regulated if it's being used as a "currency"
    Last edited by Karen37a; 10-10-2017 at 11:34 AM.