The ideal goal for brokers?.......... - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm here on the phones doing cold calls and face to face visits. Is it possible to build a book of business and then turn around and sell it for 10x the amount. I was once in the merchant services industry. I had a book of business, I sold a good portion of it for 14x the amount of the residule that I was getting. I needed the liquid at the time for another business venture but with this industry it seems like it is all about the big payouts and the renewals. I wonder should I focus on building a nice size ISO shop and selling it to some large company. Are there any companies out in the market place who would buy your originations? That would be my end game if it would be possible. To build it and sell it. I wonder how much you would have to fund a month consistenly for some one to buy it or would they buy your model?
    Last edited by wallerbusiness; 07-27-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Karen37a
    edit
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Karen37a
    do what you will
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nrh1lp View Post
    to build a large enough and profitable enough company to sell of and spend the rest of your days getting hammered in puerto rico

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...und-40-million
    i love puerto rico

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Waller ...you are an iso, you do not own your book of business. The Funder does read your iso agreements.

No one would buy an iso for the used computers and people sitting in chairs and a lease.
    FALSE! Ive personally have been witness to the purchase of an ISO !!!!!!!!

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    FALSE! Ive personally have been witness to the purchase of an ISO !!!!!!!!

I've seen people buy swamp land too.

The Iso doesn't" truly "own the renewals. So what are you buying? "Tortious interference"

( and maybe you can sell into the highs when everything is rosy and everyone wants to be a merchant cash advance company)

I've seen people sell telemarketing businesses / Financial companies etc and then snatch the staff out from underneath them from across the hallway.

So I guess anyone can buy anything...what is is worth, and what do you really own?.

4 Isos went under in my area...bad fight to the death over things...

Some Funders snatched some renewals during the handoff as well lol...I wasted my time on one. So much drama.

( the irony is the merchant defaulted anyway.I still wasted a bunch of time)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

I've seen people buy swamp land too.

The Iso doesn't" truly "own the renewals. So what are you buying? "Tortious interference"

I've seen people sell telemarketing businesses / Financial companies etc and then snatch the staff out from underneath them from across the hallway.

So I guess anyone can buy anything...what is is worth, and what do you really own.
    if a merchant is placed right you cant move him so easily. That lender/funder will keep him renewing and paying that iso . Next if you put in place the lead sources team etc to be doing millions a month that gives syndicators access to fund millions a month with only paying out half commission .
    Elizabeth one day you will god willing get big enough to realize the power of a big iso shop and how much it is worth to someone.

Karen37a
    Michael,

Most Big Iso shops turn into Funders from my experience.

'And most Top producers yank their book of business out from under the new owners and create new Isos if the business is sold. because they feel like it was their clients sold not the iso owners.

They never make the transition.

Funders will also move on the book saying "new owner, book belongs to us now"

That's my experience with big $$ .

Hope you all find whatever it is you are looking for.

This is my personal opinion from what I have seen in the past. (anything can change)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Karen37a
    Ps. So many newbies enter the business...I am sure one "could" buy or a new funder

It will be obliterated( cannibalized) by years end.

Unless they are buying YOU, the leader.
    Elizabeth one day you will god willing get big enough to realize the power of a big iso shop and how much it is worth to someone.
    And what makes you think I do not have Brokers in my organization?
    Maybe we left a big company and I took them with me?

Maybe I am not yelling on these boards..i quit so and so and took 10 of the top brokers with me.( which they can have 80% of them back)..15 brokers to start
    Maybe I didn't feel like fighting and went under the radar until some fool is yelling Elizabeth ...which they know me anyway.

Maybe we didnt want to go thru a PUBLIC fight over books of business
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

--duplicate post
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

As long as the ISO's financials can show profitability, the business can be sold. The prospective buyer is buying an asset that has systems and personnel in place to generate an expected amount of revenue and net income. Credit card residuals, customized software and established marketing channels will increase the value of the shop. ISO's are being bought and sold all the time. WBL probably bought 50+ of them. If you can show a prospective buyer that the ISO has a track record of funding x dollars per month and x% of it's merchants will renew, then this is a valuable asset. As far as the multiple you could sell it for? That all depends on market conditions and how motivated the buyer is.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 07-27-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Isos with credit card residuals..and its the cc residuals that are worth money.

So you are really selling a Credit card processing Iso.
    And I was in a company thatgot bought out
    They were syndicating and funding, processing and "some" probably think its the worst mistake they ever made.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Ps. So many newbies enter the business...I am sure one "could" buy.

It will be obliterated( cannibalized) by years end.

Unless they are buying YOU, the leader.

And what makes you think I do not have Brokers in my organization?

Maybe we left a big company and I took them with me?

Maybe I am not yelling on these boards..i quit so and so and took 10 of the top brokers with me.( which they can have 80% of them back)

Maybe I didn't feel like fighting and went under the radar until some fool is yelling Elizabeth ...which they know me anyway.

Maybe we didnt want to go thru a PUBLIC fight over books of business
    because if you were big enough you would have had offers and will not be saying that no one is buying iso shops . When i say big i mean funding volume not amount of reps .

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

ISO shops are bought and sold all the time. If you have a good producing brokerage you will get offers non-stop.

Isos with credit card residuals..and its the cc residuals that are worth money.
    The cc residuals are just icing on the top. If you have a good ISO that has proprietary lead gen and steady monthly funding numbers, then it's worth good money. If the ISO consists of a revolving door of sales reps cold calling UCC lists, then it's probably worth next to nothing.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Karen37a
    Let me know when you all sell into a down market.

( again not talking about selling into a frenzied high when everyone wants to to a MCA and thinks its the bee's knees)

I hope you do. I do not see anyone pulling up and out untill more than a year or so down the line and it will be predicated on $$$ for funding.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

If the ISO consists of a revolving door of sales reps cold calling UCC lists, then it's probably worth next to nothing.

Truth.

Karen37a
    ** people bought csco at $300 a share ....pop .bust

Selling homes at 1 million that were refied 3 times that are really worth 300 ( when it crashes) POOF crash
    Selling tranches cmos packaged at a plus paper when it's really D ...POOF crash

many many people were on the df coming on here saying " hi I am new, i lent someone 100k ( people yelling you do not lend you fund) ok I funded 100k...they defaulted and how do i get my money back and by the way...Who is Issac
    ( most of them are gone )

they say

**When the shoe shine boy is giving you tips its time to get out of the market **

Good advice, made me put the brakes on Syndicating.

Anyone can buy anything at any time. Again I hope you all sell if thats your end goal...I think the buyers dried up. Catch the next wave.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Karen37a
    mcb
    And any sales organization will always have a high turnover.

Doesn't mean the organization does not monetize the leads or data

Anyway, good luck with the sale. Everyone make sure they post the good news when it happens.

Postive news helps keeps peoples spirit up.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Karen37a
    PS. Proprietary lead gen and cc processing is not a cash advance iso ( there are cash advance hybrids )

1) lead gen business ( can stand on its own)
    2)cc processing( can stand on its own)
    3) Cash advance

**hope the business can generate leads and get residual income

Because its the Lead Generation machine that's worth the most money if you can learn to convert.

Whoever can bring the clients to the table is worth something. Who ever has the $$ to fund is really worth something. (if you have both its unstoppable)

Some have Cash Advance /ca lead gen hybrids

That's what I do

CA/lead/cc/money to syndicate or self fund $$$$$$$$$$$$

Thats where the major money is and will continue to be.

To compare some isos to others is like apples to oranges
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Stop it. Karen, stop it.

((Jumps on hood of car))

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    because if you were big enough you would have had offers and will not be saying that no one is buying iso shops . When i say big i mean funding volume not amount of reps .
    Michael
    If we all did not know about her history,you will be correct.The fact that she is criminal can be why she does not get offers and nothing to do with her volume.

Karen37a
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    If the ISO consists of a revolving door of sales reps cold calling UCC lists, then it's probably worth next to nothing.

One last post on this

When you fantastic Isos realize YOU ARE THE REVOLVING DOOR OF SALES REPS to the Funders, (except with a "president or vice president " next to your name on your business card and smart arse comments** not directed to some or most)...sending in applications that cant fund, building their pipe line for the future. Them knowing Isos are a dime a dozen and 95% won't make it.That some/most Isos are glorified telemarketers or marketers.

That will be a funny day for me.

Ill probably be retired by then
    Last edited by Karen37a; 07-27-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Is wbl still buying up iso?I remember when they approached me with no actual money and just the joining wbl dream.My neighbor zach took the deal and swore by it but now he is out of wbl.Anyone know what happened?

WBL flew down to our office and took me to dinner, left me with a vague offer and some paperwork. I woke up the next morning and never gave it another thought.

Karen - you make my head hurt.