Seeking Funding Expert -2nd position or not?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by rld View Post
    Brokers are paid commission by the lender and can shop your deal to a couple different lenders to get you the best factor possible. So it isn't like you are going to be charged any more for using a broker.. in fact.. many times a broker may get you a better offer than going to a lender on your own.
    Absolutely true. Lenders like to use the phrase "deal directly with the lender and eliminate the middleman (i.e. the broker) so you can get the wholesale rate." While it sounds logical, it's just a sales pitch. Lenders have high overhead to support armies of employees and fancy office space so they will try to maximize the rates that they sell to a merchant. The in-house sales rep is trying to earn the best commission for himself. I've worked as an in-house sales rep for a large firm and the rates I've sold are no different than the ones I currently sell as a broker. Many of the brokers are hungrier, have less overhead and are willing to cut rates to win the business. A good broker can navigate through the maze of lenders and find the best option for a client. Dealing directly with the lender gives you a limited set of options and it's easy for one merchant to get lost in the shuffle. At the end of the day, the merchant should let the quotes do the talking.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 06-06-2014 at 09:17 AM.