Why do we keep using Decision Logic
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Why do we keep using Decision Logic

OK,
    I have touched on this before. This application to look into peoples bank account has a success rate of 40%. So of all my deals that require dec logic, only 40% of them can get the app to work. And that is a generous number.

Now, if i was in retail, lets say an auto parts store, and i carried, lets say window bug removal, but it only worked 40% of the time, would you continue to purchase it for your store? I would have to say no. I would take it off my shelves and send it back for credit.

So why do funders continue to require this awful program.

Merchants get so frustrated using this. It never works right and drives people crazy.

Either come up with a better option (calls with bank combined with MTD act report) or just stop requiring it.

While I was at another funding company we used Loan Verify. http://3rdvista.com/loanverify/. I liked it because it also allowed you to download statements straight through their system.

It is used because it offers the merchants a way to feel safer and still have a verified window into their account. I do not know if Micro Bilt works any better but I have used that as well and I found that the balances you get from it are more accurate. The biggest issue with Decision Logic isn't how often it works because if they have a big bank it always works, it is that it can come back with numbers that aren't accurate.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

I am not sure what companies you are using decision logic with but we have closer to a 90% compatibility.

40% is oddly low
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Because there's so much fraud in this industry. One reason you may be seeing low compatibility is they can't login because they don't actually have logins and statements aren't exactly authentic. But 40% is super super low...