Blue Vine-Lightspeed
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 18447

Blue Vine-Lightspeed

Any other other smb/Mca backed by Lightspeed or Binary Capital? I know that Bluevine is backed by Lightspeed. Thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Jess,

Lightspeed is an investor for sure and has done several rounds. I didn't think Binary was..... I think Binary is having some human resource (putting it lightly) issues right now.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Jess,

Lightspeed is an investor for sure and has done several rounds. I didn't think Binary was..... I think Binary is having some human resource (putting it lightly) issues right now.
    Lightspeed's actions make Binary look good and Binary is closing down. I think Lightspeed might be go the same route, given it's actions. Had to give up 2% of its holdings in Stitch Fix due to Caldbecks actions. 2% of a pending $7 billion IPO is a lot of coin.....If I was an LP I would be livid. But it was Bain Ventures.....(Matt Harris claims to have ZERO IDEA about Caldbeck despite the fact he worked there for 6 years) that created this d-bag. Some of Binary's portfolio companies are trying to buyback the Binary investment. Wondering if Lightspeed's portfolio will follow.

That's right...Justin did work at Bain before Lightspeed. I met him when he was at Bain years ago. His brother was at a consumer focused PE shop at the time. I have spoken with Harris, but never met him. The LPs must be barking pretty hard on this one.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    That's right...Justin did work at Bain before Lightspeed. I met him when he was at Bain years ago. His brother was at a consumer focused PE shop at the time. I have spoken with Harris, but never met him. The LPs must be barking pretty hard on this one.
    Binary's LPs pulled.

Lightspeed's LPs, (regardless of whether or not they care about sexual harassment per se)-- directly suffered a material financial loss (2% of stitch $7 billion IPO) due to the actions of Caldbeck.

Bain Ventures and Matt Harris untouchable-hopefully not mentoring the next generation of Caldbecks.

This stuff makes me sick personally-professionally I'm just waiting to see if it impacts Bluevine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Binary's LPs pulled.

Lightspeed's LPs, (regardless of whether or not they care about sexual harassment per se)-- directly suffered a material financial loss (2% of stitch $7 billion IPO) due to the actions of Caldbeck.

Bain Ventures and Matt Harris untouchable-hopefully not mentoring the next generation of Caldbecks.

This stuff makes me sick personally-professionally I'm just waiting to see if it impacts Bluevine.

Just because you went to Harvard and wore wing-tips doesn't mean your not a dirt bag.

Matt from BlueVine is a frequent visitor to this board and is usually pretty transparent about what they are doing. The investor base might be above his pay-grade, but I think if he knew he would be open if asked.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Matt from Bluevine. What's up with this? Fallout from Lightspeed.