Start up - Looking for some advice.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Start up - Looking for some advice.

Hello Daily Funder!

I am looking to start my own company and looking for a couple answers.

1. Are there enough lenders to run a operation with being just a active business (Broker) without a CA lenders license in the MCA and Working capital scene?

2. What about equipment financing lenders? Does anybody know of a direct or ISO equipment financing company that will be willing to work a start up ? A 1 man operation?

Also,

Any lenders thats willing to work with a start up(Equipment or Working Capital) - Please let me know.

Thank you so much in advance.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

You don't need a CA lender's license to be an ISO. Just sign up with the usual funders. You can find them all over this forum.

Senior Member Reputation points: 227882

(deleted)
    Last edited by abfunders; 06-07-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: If you're so sure....

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

in before "we offer quadruple digit commission"

Senior Member Reputation points: 227882

(deleted)
    Last edited by abfunders; 06-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Startups are going to need a strong personal credit history and/or a co-signer to get money.
    The original poster is referring to himself as the startup.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoanShark714 View Post
    2. What about equipment financing lenders? Does anybody know of a direct or ISO equipment financing company that will be willing to work a start up ? A 1 man operation?
    that is going to be a lot harder than getting an ISO agreement. You will need to run credit, be able to do title transfers, insurance certificates, and know the business inside and out. It's not like an MCA where you can just shoot your app out to all the equipment lenders, you start doing that they will cut you off in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much for the information guys. Very useful and motivating.

Also,

for the comment below.

that is going to be a lot harder than getting an ISO agreement. You will need to run credit, be able to do title transfers, insurance certificates, and know the business inside and out. It's not like an MCA where you can just shoot your app out to all the equipment lenders, you start doing that they will cut you off in a heartbeat. - Thank you so much for the heads up and valuable information. I have over 4 years of experience in equipment financing and know how it can be. I guess I will just have to work with 50% payout working for an Equipment Financing ISO, for now. Any Equipment Financing ISO that does business with a start up Small Business Financing/Equipment Financing Shop , Please message me.

Thank you so much for your help.

Member Reputation points: 349

Perhaps we can be of assistance...

Karen37a
    Being your own Iso is not always as glorious or as easy as it appears to be.

Add in extra expenses for Rent/Leads/Phone/CRM/pre-processing/pre-underwriting/business taxes/Compliance etc etc..Drama. If you have brokers on your team heighten the insanity.

( And if you are great at what you do all this drama pulls you off the phone. And you cant build a team unless you can do it yourself first. No one is going to follow a dull, negative, unproductive, non -closer, crybabby)

advice for most: Ask your current company for 10% more on the split based off of production and call it even.

** unless you are crushing it and they are making 30-50k k off of you monthly and they do not appreciate your efforts ; happens sometimes..
    ( Be prepared for them to say no, then jerry Mcguire it out the door, hopefully not alone. jk )
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-14-2017 at 09:42 AM.