Mexico Hard Money
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 227883

Mexico Hard Money

This is a fun one, don't laugh, there's a lot of money in this for those that take it seriously.

I have a client who has a piece of property he inherited worth $50mm.
    The catch is that it's in MEXICO.

He has a complete business plan (I have it) to turn it into a big gold course / resort.
    He wants at least $15mm private money on the property to start the process (30% LTV).
    It's only bare land at this point. I have a full file with plans of what he wants to do... mostly in Spanish.

He has no liquidity, his wife just left him, and he cannot pay for due diligence. I suspect once we wave some offers in his face, his family members might come out of the woodwork. He has an uncle paying the land taxes presently.

Is there someone out there that can help me find a home?
    I'm gladly willing to co-broker this since the pie is SO big, just be 100% honest with me with full disclosure.
    I won't backdoor you, I just want to work the deal properly, and let's negotiate the split. You don't dictate the split to me. However, your information is not worth 50% of the deal, unless you're the direct lender.

If this thing is a hoax, let the LENDER decide, don't just barrage me. That's what due diligence fees are normally about. Please come to HELP me out.

Karen37a
    ab I know someone who attempted to get a Mexican mine approved once before and they ran into hiccups with not being a Mexican national also the mine didn't have a road or access/ permits, also they made new rules on royalties to the govt, exchange rates.

The documents will be in Spanish, translated to English and if there is a dispute the Spanish translation/meaning ( exact) will be the one held up in court. And which court?

I only saw private investment pooling as an alternative and I wasn't involved directly.
    Some Venture capital firms specialize in Mexico.not sure if they would or could give you a referral fee, or if he wants to go that route....and I do not know anyone personally that can do it...so this is not an offer or solicitation.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-12-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    This is a fun one, don't laugh, there's a lot of money in this for those that take it seriously.

I have a client who has a piece of property he inherited worth $50mm.
    The catch is that it's in MEXICO.

He has a complete business plan (I have it) to turn it into a big gold course / resort.
    He wants at least $15mm private money on the property to start the process (30% LTV).
    It's only bare land at this point. I have a full file with plans of what he wants to do... mostly in Spanish.

He has no liquidity, his wife just left him, and he cannot pay for due diligence. I suspect once we wave some offers in his face, his family members might come out of the woodwork. He has an uncle paying the land taxes presently.

Is there someone out there that can help me find a home?
    I'm gladly willing to co-broker this since the pie is SO big, just be 100% honest with me with full disclosure.
    I won't backdoor you, I just want to work the deal properly, and let's negotiate the split. You don't dictate the split to me. However, your information is not worth 50% of the deal, unless you're the direct lender.

If this thing is a hoax, let the LENDER decide, don't just barrage me. That's what due diligence fees are normally about. Please come to HELP me out.
    Very hard...almost impossible to perfect liens and security in Mexico. You are better off seeking a lender or bank in Mexico. Banamex is owned by CitiBank. They would be a good start. Oddly they will not do transactions together-US based Company with assets in Mexico.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426