Intro to UCC leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 13711

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I debate brokers in person on this constantly. It depends on the definition of "one call close" . Lots of competition out there now, not sure when it was written.And where the sales process starts. This answer was tailored from dead start UCC/Business number blind call.
    ABC ..always be closing ( if the person wants to hear from you again and looks forward to the next "second or third" phone call, they can be pretty much "closed" already, pre sold upfront or you have a good shot).

My opinion is anyone who does not know you and gives sensitive financial information( soc security) over the phone on the first call "usually" is either crazy, makes poor financial decisions( I could be in Nigeria for all they know), in a bad desperate financial situation, low credit score, massive inquiries, or plans on strategically defaulting on advance. If someone called in to a Direct Lender or a hot referral I can see it happening, but not blind cold calls, or warm calls.

Maybe if you pound out 150 dials a day and get cursed out every 5th phone call you may find someone willing to give you their social security number, but it's not going to be A paper or anyone protective over their credit score and inquiries on the credit.. unless you get really lucky." Even a blind squirrel can find a nut") Then you will become burnt out, dejected and won't last.

I do not expect brokers to agree...95% of brokers in real life do the opposite of what I am saying. But if it was so easy to just pick up the phone to call a stranger, then get them to give you a social security number...in a 2-minute call. None of us would be in business. Direct Lenders/ Funders would have minimum wage workers dialing out and an abundance of quality prospects.

If people could just leisurely pick up a phone, cold call and take applications...people wouldn't be so desperately searching for Inbound leads/ transfers, "good lead brokers" and robo dials, campaigns automated marketing campaigns.( these can all be additions to the meat and potatoes $$ if done right )
    There comes a point in your sales life where you have to just have to say "I am a sales person, not vacuum cleaners; but even if I was, takes a lot of courage to knock on doors let alone be successful. Most can't do it and look for shortcuts then cut you down. I am the 1% of the 1%", then you pick up the phone.....There are almost no small-mid size businesses that do not have some type of sales or marketing plan to get new clients.(so we are all salespeople if we own a business and if you work for one your future depends on the sales and marketing team) Including the plumber who just cursed you out.How does he get his clients osmosis? People hate salespeople because of the abusive treatment on the phone or in person...( used car example I gave)

I "soft sell" aggressively. And I start the sales process fromUCC or business phone numbers to close. Again this answer was tailored to uccs and blind cold calls, new introductions.
    Karen gets it. I bet shes one of the top sales people where she works.

Your approach is a great fit for internet based leads where people need the soft consultative sell.

Senior Member Reputation points: 13711

Also checkout Ryan Stewman. Hardcorecloser.com hes a sales trainer for mortgage and real estate sales people, which is a similar sale to MCA