Cast Capital Reverse Consolidation Program
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

My #1 rule: if a potential business partner lies to you about who they are and what they do, you probably shouldn't trust them.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    My #1 rule: if a potential business partner lies to you about who they are and what they do, you probably shouldn't trust them.
    I agree completely with this. I also just feel people put too much on someone being a direct lender. If someone is better at a certain type of file then I am and can get it done I have no problem with them doing it. I personally have a number of ISO's that send deals through me because they say they make more money going through me or get better buy rates then if they went direct to certain banks. I know I am not the only one this is true for. For those of us who have been around awhile some of the relationships we have built allow us to get pricing service and commissions others can't at certain banks. There are people I use for their relationships at the same time people use me for mine. As long as everyone is upfront about the relationship does what they say they will and pay commissions when they should these relationships can work for all parties.. I think a lot more deals would get done across the board if people worked together a little more.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I agree completely with this. I also just feel people put too much on someone being a direct lender. If someone is better at a certain type of file then I am and can get it done I have no problem with them doing it. I personally have a number of ISO's that send deals through me because they say they make more money going through me or get better buy rates then if they went direct to certain banks. I know I am not the only one this is true for. For those of us who have been around awhile some of the relationships we have built allow us to get pricing service and commissions others can't at certain banks. There are people I use for their relationships at the same time people use me for mine. As long as everyone is upfront about the relationship does what they say they will and pay commissions when they should these relationships can work for all parties.. I think a lot more deals would get done across the board if people worked together a little more.
    I agree with all of this and do the same myself. Some brokers have valuable relationships that other brokers can benefit from. So I'm all for relationships.

With that having been said, this guys press release was just a repackaging of WBL. And I see no evidence yet that they are anything other than a broker packaging WBL (they give you 5 points and keep 3 for themselves). I really don't see anyone needing to find a person who has a relationship with WBL because if you check your spam box, there are dozens of WBL emails waiting for you.