Most Unexpected Decline Reason
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Most Unexpected Decline Reason

Lately I have had several deals killed for late child support payments. While I can understand the reasoning for killing a deal, it is only recently that I have seen this as a underwriting reason. What are some strange reasons you guys have seen for declines?

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Child Molestation charges. Under the age of 16. Kidnapping included.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Child Molestation charges. Under the age of 16. Kidnapping included.
    Wow!
    Founder ACA Academy - Educating Sales Professionals to Succeed in the Alternative Lending Industry

Author of Forthcoming Book - "The Lil' Black Book"

klamere@acafundingusa.com
    (608)312-3685

To see Keith's LinkedIn Profile Click Here ------->https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...ve_tab_profile

You win, unless someone was arrested for cannibalism cant think of a better reason to kill a deal.

Senior Member Reputation points: 302470

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    You win, unless someone was arrested for cannibalism cant think of a better reason to kill a deal.
    how about murder . a deal of mine last month got declined on one yard line for it

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

deal of mine once died on funding day, they did background check found merchant was in jail few days prior to starting the process for pulling out a gun on the repo man that came to take his car.

funding call several years ago- underwriter asked a question (answer wouldn't have been a deal breaker and had been disclosed on application if underwriter had looked) and stupid merchant said it was none of his business and finished off with a string of curses before hanging up ( as loudly as possible) on the underwriter.

the merchant was well behaved and forthcoming with me-I didn't think I had to instruct him not to behave like a horses butt, but I learned that every merchant needs to be instructed to be POLITE, honest, forthcoming, and positive when they get the call.
    s

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

We had a deal about six months ago that was almost ready to fund. Numbers looked good. We did one last background check right before funding (we always do one last background and lien search) and discovered the fellow had recently been arrested for Armed Robbery.

Yeah...we were seriously considering lending money to a guy that had just been arrested for stealing money!

Had a deal killed because guy served 10 years for murder . The underwriter was so backed up he first saw it on the call so he asked the merchant about it . the response was priceless!!! " oh that ?? it was a while ago and i served my bit .. does it realy make a differance ??? " DEAL DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by WALLFUND View Post
    Had a deal killed because guy served 10 years for murder . The underwriter was so backed up he first saw it on the call so he asked the merchant about it . the response was priceless!!! " oh that ?? it was a while ago and i served my bit .. does it realy make a differance ??? " DEAL DEAD
    Same deal as me lol I did get a previously received from you guys

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by WALLFUND View Post
    He killed a person and they killed his deal. An eye for an eye as the good book says...

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    He killed a person and they killed his deal. An eye for an eye as the good book says...
    And what book is that?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    And what book is that?
    The good one, dude.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Lately I have had several deals killed for late child support payments. While I can understand the reasoning for killing a deal, it is only recently that I have seen this as a underwriting reason. What are some strange reasons you guys have seen for declines?
    terrorist watch list
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

the Gov't...the STATE Gov'ts...don't play when it comes to child support. Take the morality out of it for a second. The State will levy and garnish up to 75% of income for child support

Child support has always been an instant deal killer in equipment finance, regardless of how shiny the rest of the report is.

Child support has always been an instant deal killer in equipment finance, regardless of how shiny the rest of the report is.
    It's funny I had someone that had a whole bunch of quotes for first position who all went by his score and none of the second position will approve it because of that reason

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

We recently sent out a notary for a client to finalize documents. The notary informed us that they could not facilitate the signing because when she showed up our merchant was blacked-out drunk and started screaming at her.
    Last edited by Zach; 02-08-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    We recently sent out a notary for a client to finalize documents. The notary informed us that they could not facilitate the signing because when she showed up our merchant was blacked-out drunk and started screaming at her.
    He was probably in the same state when he agreed to put up his house for a cash advance.

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

He was probably in the same state when he agreed to put up his house for a cash advance.
    I actually funded him strictly for the comedic value
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

I have to ask, why would you WANT to salvage that deal?

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Because they have real estate.

I have to ask, why would you WANT to salvage that deal?

If a merchant isn't going to pay their Court Mandated Child Support....what makes you think they would want to pay you off?

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    If a merchant isn't going to pay their Court Mandated Child Support....what makes you think they would want to pay you off?
    i do not agree at all . I had a merchant with 700 plus credit that refused to pay child support because their ex wasn't giving it to the kids . Now this guy had a huge history of good credit and 6 current open trade lines that he was paying .
    it seems to me like some lenders take it personal . they will fund someone that doesn't pay anyone and has 470 credit . But someone that got bfs and has 700 credit almost no one will second because he doesn't pay child support .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i do not agree at all . I had a merchant with 700 plus credit that refused to pay child support because their ex wasn't giving it to the kids . Now this guy had a huge history of good credit and 6 current open trade lines that he was paying .
    it seems to me like some lenders take it personal . they will fund someone that doesn't pay anyone and has 470 credit . But someone that got bfs and has 700 credit almost no one will second because he doesn't pay child support .
    A merchant who refuses to pay child support doesn't have 700 credit