Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
yeah with a big red bow.. Shines a giant light on the whole industry and for what? So they can show everyone how good there life is now? Its a ****ty move on their part because now anyone who reads the article will think that is how everyone in the industry behaved and it is not. They are out and made their money so they dont care no more
What they don't tell you in the article is how many people Meir actually put on. He allowed lots of people to eat and gave people chances to live well regardless of your backround or experience. I get why people are mad, but if you were there at the time, you had respect for him. He could be ruthless and no doubt, the practices that some of the brokers/managers developed were questionable, but that wasn't the entirety of what went on at 2nd Source. I think they're trying to portray some kind of bootleg Wolf of Wall Street story. It's partly true, but the ruthlessness and shadiness wasn't all there was too it. Some people got rich and some people were left with nothing. It's all how you played the cards you were dealt. This isn't limited to the cash advance industry, this is business period.

Whatever they have cooking up is their business. At the end of the day, it's not going to stop me from going after mines and it shouldn't stop anyone from going after theirs either. Merchants still need this product and I'll be damned if I left an article shake me and what I'm doing out here everyday.