Selling Merchant Cash Advances - How hard is it?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Uhhhhh, not sure what you interpreted as being a dick. In fact, I'm pretty sure both posts I made here are more than generous for a forum where we are all essentially "in competition." What I was implying is that there are a ton of sales reps in this space so I was jokingly trying to tell YOU there is nothing to see here and to just keep on walking, I even said "on a serious note" right after that. But, in all honesty, I welcome the growth of this industry and the competitors I encounter (most days).

On a separate note, I am thrilled I could offer sage advice from my years of experience to someone who seems like they didnt deserve it in the first place. Even if I was trying to be a dick, you are going to have to be more thick skinned to make it in this industry.
    Last edited by funding pro; 07-22-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    Uhhhhh, not sure what you interpreted as being a dick. In fact, I'm pretty sure both posts I made here are more than generous for a forum where we are all essentially "in competition." What I was implying is that there are a ton of sales reps in this space so I was jokingly trying to tell YOU there is nothing to see here and to just keep on walking, I even said "on a serious note" right after that. But, in all honesty, I welcome the growth of this industry and the competitors I encounter (most days).

On a separate note, I am thrilled I could offer sage advice from my years of experience to someone who seems like they didnt deserve it in the first place. Even if I was trying to be a dick, you are going to have to be more thick skinned to make it in this industry.
    Here here!!! 100% if you dont have stone skin, you will either let the express 2 train run you over or cry yourself to sleep at night...

As for boarding with funders, I think its better to have (in the beginning) 2 or 3 for each type of deal (good, bad and ugly) and see who will give you the most favorable pricing/dollar amounts just to weed out those funders that will offer 1.55 factors while the other guys are doing a 1.42 all day for the same ugly file. Funding Pro, I am sure you know of whom I speak... :/

Hello ya'll...

I'm new to the MCA field. I'm not really in it yet, but am seriously considering it. I get that I can be considered competition and such...

I've read this whole thread, and I'm finding myself baffled by one thing in particular: The head of an ISO (who's been in the business since '07 and has done VERY very well in it on his own), while wanting to recruit me to work for/with him, told me that 90% of the merchants that I will talk to will have never heard of MCAs.

He also told me a story about going to a chamber of commerce meeting RECENTLY (in a pretty big city) and presenting his business to the whole crowd and then having 90% of the people there meet him outside and ask for his services.

Do you think he was outright lying about the climate of the business right now? From your above posts I would think that he's pulling my leg. But until I get into it, I wouldn't know for myself.

Would you say that it's totally impossible that he's still having those kind of experiences?

Thanks so much!