Problems with Live Transfer Leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

I will agree with MCN that one problem is the leads are being resold to multiple shops. Another is that you tend to get the smaller merchants ($150,000 or less yearly gross) answering and not the larger ones. Don't get me wrong, I am fine with funding $10,000 deals all day, but to really make it worth your time there have to be some larger opportunities mixed in.

The main issue is that reps aren't prequalifying properly or building value. They pick up live transfers as if they are actual incoming calls and rushing through so they can get to the next one. A lot of these Merchants have not heard of our products before so making them feel comfortable and building some kind of rapport is key. Also trying to create some sense of urgency as far as sending in their submission is important. Just my $0.02..
    Last edited by JSL23; 05-21-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Member Reputation points: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by JSL23 View Post
    Here's my problem with live transfer leads. Firstly, live transfer companies use telemarketers (usually from South America or the Philippines) who are compensated by the amount of leads they can generate.
    I think this ultimately is the crux of the issue. Live transfer campaigns are typically of the "push" variety rather than the "pull" variety. This essentially means that the merchant hasn't contacted the center on their own free will (or insensitived will) the lead source isn't pulling the merchants to them. Rather, they are pushing merchants to centers by power dialing and qualifying.

Can you close a pre-qualified transfer? Absolutely. That said, you'll run into problems with drop off, because the caller that's typically transferred wasn't the active seeker of your service, but rather some one who might meet the criteria of a potential client.

Secondly, as JSL23 pointed out, exclusivity plays another giant portion in your ability to maintain contact with said transfer.