Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
The question arises "does the second deal impede upon the first deal?" If the second debit causes collection issues on the first, well, then you have a problem.
Very good post. I'll pulled the last statement because that is really the only thing that matters right? We've only been stacked (that we know of) once and it is a collection problem. If there are others in our portfolio that are stacked but aren't missing a beat then we don't really care. It's an ethics thing. The merchant that we're having problems with was not a strong candidate on any level. Pearl figured they could get in and get out but as I recently found out, they aren't getting out. Merchant shut them off and is having a lawyer look at it for usary. He's still paying us and has apologized but damage has been done regardless. Remittance is way off and now Pearl is blowing him up with threat of litigation and judgments. With my luck they win their suit and freeze his bank and we get screwed anyway.

As others have said, it's pretty much something we have to deal with from time to time. There is money to be made in stacking and companies will do it. They should put their money where their mouth is though. If they really believe a merchant can handle both debts then just pay off the advance in place. LOL