Can I buy your declines?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

jotucker1983
    BuysYourDeclines,

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?

Quote Originally Posted by BuysYourDeclines View Post
    The crux of the matter: What do you do with your declines? Do they sit and collect dust? Can I buy declined leads from brokers? Is there any reason (regulatory, legal, contractual) that I couldn't do this?
    - My declines go off into a "hold pile" where I will touch base in "X" number of months to see if said risk issue was resolved by the business internally, so they could qualify for said MCA product. This could be anything from waiting for MCA balance(s) to come down, to waiting for a credit score to go up.

- I would have to get permission from the client themselves to resell their information. In my opinion, "decline information" is sensitive/confidential and I would not just sell that off without the client's permission to be contacted by you about said services.

I have a background in business turn around, financial restructuring, debt mitigation, and business development. I have a history of working with struggling businesses to help them settle their debts, renegotiate contracts (leases, loans, vendor agreements, etc.) and get cashflow positive.
    My theory is that if a company is getting declined for a loan (especially a high interest MCA that seem to be relatively easy to qualify for) that the decline is a symptom of other financial problems that they may be having (poor cashflow, low bank balance, bad credit, over extension of credit/creditors, multiple loans, poor AP/AR management, etc.).
    This is true, in fact the reason the merchant is even considering an MCA type of product is because of at least one of these types of issues.

However, I have to make something known here. It would seem like our industry is here to "save" struggling businesses, that's just not the case. Our capital is being used mainly for some sort of growth investment by the merchant or something similar, it's not being used to help a struggling business "make it" to the next month because it's those businesses that usually go to collections.

So with that being said, it is usually the struggling businesses that are placed in our decline pile (the pile you want to purchase), to where all we can really do is wait until the business fixes whatever is going on before we are able to put an advance in there.

Which brings me to the question at hand, if the merchant can barely make it to the next month, what are you really going to do (other than throwing equity in there and changing leadership direction) to help them?

I have been building a network of people who can provide services to help struggling businesses, but we need to find people to help.
    They are literally everywhere my friend. Finding businesses (or even individuals for that matter) who are screwed up financially and could use some "turn around capital", are a dime a dozen.

But it's as David Goldin from Capify said in deBanked, "Anybody can fund deals, but the talent is in collecting the money back with profit."

Funding struggling businesses who can barely pay the bills and can barely make it to the next month, is usually not a profitable venture. So seeing as though these are the types of businesses you want to help, again, the question is how are you going to truly help them other than throwing in equity and changing leadership direction (basically, taking over the business)? Helping them save money here or there by reducing expenses is "okay", but that's not going to truly turn around a business that can barely hold on.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 05-04-2016 at 10:38 AM.