Let's Get This Yeasy Money - Together
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Big picture and funny topic as it pertains to this entire thread. I had people ask me about Jay and who he is for a few years now. I've never spoke down about him. I just think Jay is a horse of a different color... everyone just has their own hustle and who am I to judge- right? He has been compared to be the Yeezus of the MCA Industry way before this post and I think this thread is hilarious because of that.

Let's step out of MCAs for one moment and dig deal into persona and overall social perception of people who have "power". What may come off as arrogance to some, is normal to the person being judged. Some people chose to build their own individual identity and brand around the "knowledge" they have which can either provide growth long term or do as the saying "What goes up, must come down". Someone with power is supposed to pave a positive and innovative way for others. Some, like Kanye as of recently, have taken it way too far and decided to cross some lines which brought down his overall worth as person (respect wise- not only money).

Kanye West (I believe) is a good comparison to Jay as a person with his beliefs and whatever goals he is trying to obtain- but it is not accepted in other "worlds" so to say. Take Trump- people say he is a "great businessman" but horrible when it comes to communicating as a politician. Jay is a great mind but when a concept is trying to be portrayed it comes out like a whirlwind album of misused drugs and thoughts collided into something that, if not executed properly, crashes before it takes off.

I really don't understand the point of all of this and to me it is negative media hype to draw attention like what Kanye and his counterpart do. In the end, no one benefits and it's a tactic that is very old. In any other entertainment type of industry this would be okay. In an industry where (many) professionals are trying to create a standard and place the right people in the forefront- whether it is on a forum or any where else- this isn't acceptable even for the "everything else" section. It is bringing down the moral of this site and deBanked and goes against everything both sites stand for.

I can say I am one who has given and still gives free information all day and I make $$$ consulting and servicing. The best things in life are free and any of my mentors or professionals that I work with agree - Information is all in the way it is processed. At the end of the day, the relationships I made out of respect and transparency go way beyond how much I charge per hour to equal my worth.

This was in no way supposed to be insulting, but on behalf of maybe 99% of people on here... it's getting pretty old.

This is probably the most level headed post under this thread and I thank you for the dignified way in which you address this... This is me Yuliya talking my number is 716-908-7957...

Jay is an artist "at heart" and one of the most curious people I've met. He's also one of the most generous human beings I've met. There were guys who came to him hungry; he fed them. One of our brokers under the failed Buynance had a baby boy a day after signing the ISO agreement with us, Jay went into his wallet (not the company) to send the man a $100 gift card to help cover milk and diapers. That broker never produced a single file. Aside from that, he insisted on 45 day free trials to UCCFeed which turned out to be a disaster. I was hell bent against it. His rationale; "I need to earn their trust."

All that aside nothing he does is at face value. Using the information and feedback gathered from this thread and from replies in his e-mail campaign he developed and shipped a product on another platform where if you make a fool of yourself - that's it. If the product launches and fails, there is no coming back... Pressure. Today, that product is producing nearly 4 figures per day in revenue on a $100 day marketing spend... With room to double down. A zip file with nothing more than some text and a couple of scripts... Takes an artist to even dream up what he did and execute it I suppose. Takes an artist to come up with the intense organization and preparation necc to acquire so many Yeezys all the time...

Stand up comedians often bomb frequently while they are building their sets. Chris Rock is known to go out and stink up the joint in many comedy clubs. But, when it's time for the HBO special, he nails it. Bombing is part of the process... This part of a process... I think the material coming down the pipe is going to be the best work anyone in this space has produced. That's why every book he's written has been well received, reviewed, and has generated $1,000 hour phone calls.
    Last edited by YuliyaG; 02-18-2016 at 11:41 AM.