Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
if you hit the bonuses bfs is 18 points , everest is 17 points and a lot more like them that dont advertise on the site . thats why it cracks me up with these new lenders funding suckers to send them deals paying only 5-8 percent .
For most products I agree, although some people have a unique product which makes sense for them to pay less.

-LoanMe offers a 10-year term with no prepay penalty and a monthly
-Yellowstone will approve higher-risk merchants than pretty much anyone else
-Fundingcircle/Fundation/Dealstruck have longer terms with lower rates and monthly payments

Now, as far as the traditional ACH product goes for A, B, and C paper deals, by all means (in my opinion) you can easily average 8+ points. We've had reps that average 14-15 points.

In fact, I've found two varying philosophies on maximizing brokered commissions:

1. Sell the maximum commission on every deal and focus on max GM
2. Sell the most competitive rate the client can get (note: not necessarily low points) and focus on relationship/renewal

I've had reps that utilize both methods, and I've seen both methods produce wealth at different brokerages. On average, I find that "maxing out" deals tends to produce more income in the long run, but that is also my personal experience. I am sure other people, like John Tucker, have an awesome renewal pipeline that we would all envy (for minimal work!).

I think it's important to teach new reps to max out deals so they get comfortable selling 15-20 point commissions. Once they are comfortable you can discuss strategy further with them, but many reps can't get past the sticking point of discomfort selling a deal with $10-30K of GM on the line.