Walter Mcpeek - Fraud
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 12921

lol you asked for a product that would verify someone without being there and I gave a possible solution. It's up to the funders discretion to to use it or not. Also, the could use any cellphone to do it... it just requires the merchant to take a picture of their DL along with a live selfie. If they really needed the money, they could find a family, friend, or coworker with a cell phone to be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    lol you asked for a product that would verify someone without being there and I gave a possible solution. It's up to the funders discretion to to use it or not. Also, the could use any cellphone to do it... it just requires the merchant to take a picture of their DL along with a live selfie. If they really needed the money, they could find a family, friend, or coworker with a cell phone to be able to do this.
    Again...how does that tell me that the person taking the selfie is the person I am talking to on the phone?

What I am trying to get at here is that there is NO way for me to know who I am speaking with on the phone. I can make an educated guess using certain factors and ASSUME that in all probability the person I am speaking to is the merchant, but is there a way for me to know 100%? No, because I am not physically speaking with the person face-to-face. Even if the call is coming from the last known number, a relative or friend could be using the merchant's phone, with or without their knowledge/consent. All they have to do is hand their phone off to someone who is the same gender and roughly the same age, and I would be none the wiser.

It's one of the reasons fraud is so rampant in this industry.