Additional lines of business to compliment loan brokering?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Additional lines of business to compliment loan brokering?

I've been thinking about additional lines of business to add in and was wondering if anyone else has had success doing the same. If we're already doing discovery conversations, should be no problem cross selling merchant services, payroll, or most other business services.

Anyone doing the same? If so, what, and how is it going?

Senior Member Reputation points: 221155

What have you been doing until now? Just term loans? You put "loan brokering" so were you not doing MCAs, considering we all know that they're not loans ;-) We used to all add in Bluevine and Fundbox, but they cut out (almost all) brokers on new deals. I feel that factoring is a really good solution to have access to. It's the in-betweens like factoring and other non-bank lenders who can move quicker than banks but aren't with the MCA rates that really separates the good brokers from the average ones.

Send me an email, I'd like to introduce you to one or two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    What have you been doing until now? Just term loans? You put "loan brokering" so were you not doing MCAs, considering we all know that they're not loans ;-) We used to all add in Bluevine and Fundbox, but they cut out (almost all) brokers on new deals. I feel that factoring is a really good solution to have access to. It's the in-betweens like factoring and other non-bank lenders who can move quicker than banks but aren't with the MCA rates that really separates the good brokers from the average ones.

Send me an email, I'd like to introduce you to one or two of them.
    LOL, true, I didn't run down the list of loan-adjacent products like MCAs, factoring, contract advances, etc. To clarify - I was referring to products/services beyond loans/lines/advances. For example, merchant services - if you're already reviewing bank statements, it's not that hard to have a side conversation about who they're processing with and if they're up for a review. But you could use any number of services - you have 15 employees, who's handling your payroll? There's a lot of additional services that businesses use or would need that would be easily cross-sellable... was curious if anyone here was actually doing that.

Re: recommendations for additional lenders/factoring companies/etc., always open to suggestions.

Senior Member Reputation points: 221155

Any time that I've tried, it ruins my brand. More than that, your just selling data. Merchant services is about the only other thing that you'd have access to, you're not going to get money by getting them to move their bank account and open a new credit card. Stay in your lane.

Senior Member Reputation points: 68639 Olderguy's Avatar

I don't see it as selling services.

They want a term loan and their finances are a mess....so we introduce them to accounting services to straighten out their finances to qualify them for someting better.

Then there are tax employee credit programs that gives them a tax credit per employee

The there is a insurance broker program which cuts their insurance costs.

Then there is sale leaseback on their vehicles so they go from debt off to lease, and off their balance sheet to qualify for more working capital.

Then there is factoring, asset based lending, ABL revolvers, cash out from real estate to find funds that are outside the MCA and term loan arena.

Then there is cash flow based bridge loans to wipe out mca debt.

And on, and on, and on....
    Last edited by Olderguy; 02-12-2024 at 08:20 PM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Quote Originally Posted by Incbiz440 View Post
    I've been thinking about additional lines of business to add in and was wondering if anyone else has had success doing the same. If we're already doing discovery conversations, should be no problem cross selling merchant services, payroll, or most other business services.

Anyone doing the same? If so, what, and how is it going?
    Contact me if you wish to discuss combining merchant services with credit card split funding.
    The merchant can switch processing to our preferred processor or we can establish a "Lock-Box" for them.

It is a method to increase your monthly residual income.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 1755

Offer accounting services, Cost segregation, PCMP, Captive Insurance, ESOPs, 1031x's, Equipment Financing, Quasi Term Loans, T1 & T2 loans, SBA7a, SBA504, USDA, Agriculture financig, Real Estate Finance, DIP Finance, Turnaround finance, Middle market capitalization, Private placements, Buy/Sell w/ Commodities, Specialty type of Financing, Lend against Crypto, fine art, life insurance policy's with death benefits, UHNWI, etc....
    Elon Henek
    HCI - Glen Cove, NY
    Main: 1-516-676-1854
    Cell: 1-516-236-4086