Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i can tell you i had a rep that went around to other companies because they were telling him their guys were making 500k plus . i told him demand to see the 1099 on the spot. Not one company will actually show it.
    he went to one shop that pulled out a stack of all the 1099 and it was from 20k to 270k .
    and what happ In the end ?
    I happen to know a few people making in the 500k range. so I dont think its unheard of

Senior Member Reputation points: 39157

Quote Originally Posted by MerchnatFundingSource View Post
    so you have been doing this since 2014 and havent made more than 300k ?
    genuinely asking. not being an jerk
    I was once guy who did it all. I'm talking now. Today.

I run a small operation, work off local leads and old client referrals. I was looking to partner with someone this year (and I did for a few months)... we were killing it... then they wanted me to sign an over reaching agreement that I wasn't going for... I wouldve easily made 200k this year with them. Oh well.

I am 100% open to working with someone who can put up the leads... I can sell and service the customer.

No offense here... I've been up, I've been down!

Senior Member Reputation points: 24994

Quote Originally Posted by SirFundAlot View Post
    Approx. $70k-$80k depending on your system/payout structure
    That's a pretty bold structure. If that is net profit, then I need to learn from you. For every 100k, I'd plan to keep ~25-32k after all bills are paid. Broker revenue only

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Approx. $70k-$80k depending on your system/payout structure
    Wow you must not spend much on marketing and your reps not making that much.In April my gross was 560k with a net of 58k

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Wow you must not spend much on marketing and your reps not making that much.In April my gross was 560k with a net of 58k
    560k was gross commission brought in by your reps ?

you were left with 58k after what expenses? Rep portion of comm split, salary, rent, lead cost ?
    Russell B.
    Fort Lauderdale FL

Quote Originally Posted by RBcapital View Post
    560k was gross commission brought in by your reps ?

you were left with 58k after what expenses? Rep portion of comm split, salary, rent, lead cost ?
    Everything ,keep in mind I have a full marketing team ,a full time bookkeeper, monthly accounting fees ,openers ,closers ,renewal reps ,crm phone system ,processor, manager.but the main cost is leads.we are completely inbound.
    I have spoken to big funders that spend the same as me and they are running the broker shop at a loss just to bring good deals to their funding side .
    I am sure I can cut expenses but why fix what is not broken

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

makes sense if you are completely live leads . i do not make any money on live leads if they do not renew

Everything ,keep in mind I have a full marketing team ,a full time bookkeeper, monthly accounting fees ,openers ,closers ,renewal reps ,crm phone system ,processor, manager.but the main cost is leads.we are completely inbound.
    I have spoken to big funders that spend the same as me and they are running the broker shop at a loss just to bring good deals to their funding side .
    I am sure I can cut expenses but why fix what is not broken
    understood.
    jc, what % of the cost would you say are your leads?
    Russell B.
    Fort Lauderdale FL

Quote Originally Posted by mistamca View Post
    That's a pretty bold structure. If that is net profit, then I need to learn from you. For every 100k, I'd plan to keep ~25-32k after all bills are paid. Broker revenue only
    Simple... $125k monthly gross, payout 25% commissions to reps. ($30k or so) and approx $25k-$30k bizz expenses... been doing it for 5 years or so clean - not bragging... it does involve A LOT of hustle as we know but no crazy system, very old school style we have actually.

How are you only keeping $58k? Sounds off- but im sure its working for you... Simple... $125k monthly gross, payout 25% commissions to reps. ($30k or so) and approx $25k-$30k bizz expenses... been doing it for 5 years or so clean - not bragging... it does involve A LOT of hustle as we know but no crazy system, very old school style we have actually.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14389

This is DF, take everything with not a grain but a shaker of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by RBcapital View Post
    understood.
    jc, what % of the cost would you say are your leads?
    about 50%

Simple... $125k monthly gross, payout 25% commissions to reps. ($30k or so) and approx $25k-$30k bizz expenses... been doing it for 5 years or so clean - not bragging... it does involve A LOT of hustle as we know but no crazy system, very old school style we have actually.
    You should brag , i tries the cheap ucc having guys on dialers and was making similar numbers but then the reps kept quitting. The hustle was not worth what they were making , other shops started offering 50% and higher. That is when i switched my business plan.As all leads are inbound, i higher with salary plus bonuses and are able to pick from hundred of applicants .If someone is not performing i get them replaced in a day.
    Curious how you keep sales men making 60-70k a year or is the constant turn around ?

You should brag , i tries the cheap ucc having guys on dialers and was making similar numbers but then the reps kept quitting. The hustle was not worth what they were making , other shops started offering 50% and higher. That is when i switched my business plan.As all leads are inbound, i higher with salary plus bonuses and are able to pick from hundred of applicants .If someone is not performing i get them replaced in a day.
    Curious how you keep sales men making 60-70k a year or is the constant turn around ?
    Yes, your way is much less stressful. My way is more stress, more profit - and $60k-$70k a year is A LOT to some people believe it or not- i find outgoing people and turn them into sales reps FULL training from bottom up- not easy keeping them engaged but been working for 5 years plus thankfully.

Senior Member Reputation points: 34662

I feel like we are about to have a Wolf of Wall Street scenario where someone is going to say 'You show me a paystub of 60k in 1 month and Ill quit my job right now and work for you". Who will be your next Donnie?

Senior Member Reputation points: 119752 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderwriter View Post
    I feel like we are about to have a Wolf of Wall Street scenario where someone is going to say 'You show me a paystub of 60k in 1 month and Ill quit my job right now and work for you". Who will be your next Donnie?
    The reply to Donnie will be "Sell me this deal" while waving a Blue Ribbon contract.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 34662

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    The reply to Donnie will be "Sell me this deal" while waving a Blue Ribbon contract.
    Even better, it would be, "Sell this deal to the merchant" (Which has a 20% PSF fee buried into it, its white labeled, and also explain to the merchant that the deal will turn into a LOC or a monthly payment after paying for 30 days)

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Yes, your way is much less stressful. My way is more stress, more profit - and $60k-$70k a year is A LOT to some people believe it or not- i find outgoing people and turn them into sales reps FULL training from bottom up- not easy keeping them engaged but been working for 5 years plus thankfully.

SirFundAlot is 100% the real deal, and it works because he's an old school wall street level beast, with a passion to learn and constantly improve. Then you surround yourself with people just like that.

www.UccRadar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    SirFundAlot is 100% the real deal, and it works because he's an old school wall street level beast, with a passion to learn and constantly improve. Then you surround yourself with people just like that.

www.UccRadar.com
    Ty Franklin, always nice to hear nice things from others in this industry! lol