Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 29456

working for a boiler room

just kinda curious, i used to work at a broker in ft Lauderdale that was essentially a boiler room with a cult-like structure. I'm kinda curious if any of my fellow df members have worked for similar companies and if so what is the most ridiculous thing or things you remember from working at the company. the two things I remember best were that we were never allowed to sit and that the owner thought he was the greatest salesman to ever live and God's gift to man. he would claim things such as Grant Cardone taking sales advice from him and that if you didn't do exactly as he said every single time you would never be able to sell an mca. if you have any funny stories from similar situations or you worked for the company I'm talking about feel free to share your stories.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

what co. ?

Quote Originally Posted by fin4all View Post
    what co. ?
    not really looking to name drop, more or less just want to hear others stories from similar situations

Member Reputation points: 2462 Max Upsell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bcooper View Post
    just kinda curious, i used to work at a broker in ft Lauderdale that was essentially a boiler room with a cult-like structure. I'm kinda curious if any of my fellow df members have worked for similar companies and if so what is the most ridiculous thing or things you remember from working at the company. the two things I remember best were that we were never allowed to sit and that the owner thought he was the greatest salesman to ever live and God's gift to man. he would claim things such as Grant Cardone taking sales advice from him and that if you didn't do exactly as he said every single time you would never be able to sell an mca. if you have any funny stories from similar situations or you worked for the company I'm talking about feel free to share your stories.
    Most major ISO shops operate like this, with a cult like pyramid structure where unless you're producing you feel like a piece of **** and once you are producing and have your own reps making calls for you you justify it. Once you move a notch up the pyramid its worth it and your perspective changes entirely

Wolf of Wall Street is what they pretend it is and what they want to be, when in reality everyone who works in MCA is a schmuck and even top dogs dont make the kind of money being thrown around in comparison, so its essentially a wannabe pretend frathouse

I worked for a major ISO for a long time and have plenty of retard stories, but I'm saving them for something special I've been working on, and also have no interest in revealing who I am since this is my ****posting troll account and I'd prefer to keep ****posting and being one of the resident DF forum trolls

At the end of the day everyone is a piece of **** and will stab you in the back given enough monetary reason to do so
    If you know you know

Quote Originally Posted by Max Upsell View Post
    Most major ISO shops operate like this, with a cult like pyramid structure where unless you're producing you feel like a piece of **** and once you are producing and have your own reps making calls for you you justify it. Once you move a notch up the pyramid its worth it and your perspective changes entirely

Wolf of Wall Street is what they pretend it is and what they want to be, when in reality everyone who works in MCA is a schmuck and even top dogs dont make the kind of money being thrown around in comparison, so its essentially a wannabe pretend frathouse

I worked for a major ISO for a long time and have plenty of retard stories, but I'm saving them for something special I've been working on, and also have no interest in revealing who I am since this is my ****posting troll account and I'd prefer to keep ****posting and being one of the resident DF forum trolls

At the end of the day everyone is a piece of **** and will stab you in the back given enough monetary reason to do so
    DF needs more "****posting troll accounts"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Upsell View Post

eh i work at a lender/broker hybrid and ive yet to see the same behavior or lack of income i saw working at a broker shop. Also you remind me of a anons from the chan

Banned Reputation points: 179851

My best experience comes from my brief hiatus from the Merchant Cash Advance Industry..... when I sold replacement windows.

We essentially raped people, $200 Kensington windows were marked up to $1,200 Plus.

The whole premise and structure was just incredible. Led by a charismatic (so he thought) CEO, feathered hair and cowboy boots, whom had went to a Tony Robbins retreat and regurgitated everything in just the worst way.

There was so much turn around at that place, so many customer complaints, lack of service, lack of just everything.

One of the sales reps was a Crack Head, that made the owner money, but was essentially put on "probation" - This resulted in random urine tests, which resulted in the ****ing guy stashing clean urine all over the office.

Some other funny tidbits, the owner had sconces installed in the office to reflect a "relaxed atmosphere" - and he referred to these sconces on almost a daily freaking basis.

The manager is an Industry Vet that was well past his prime and seemed to have early onset alzheimer's. He also is the host of the longest running AM "Oldies" Radio show in the county....

The ****in place was hilarious. Sales Reps could "discount" the price significantly, and this resulted in customers saying "so, you just tried to f*ck me 5,10, and 20 Minutes ago with absurd prices" - The prices were still absurd.

The one guy they had that kept the whole operation afloat, was a lifelong window salesman, that honestly was a complete f*cking monster (i've tried getting him to jump ship and do MCA's since i've met him, he is just too used to Windows) Guy would be a monster. He eventually left and started his own Business, I'm not sure how the original place stays in business, they stage "Video Reviews" by offering discounts to Windows, it's the most horrible things you've ever seen.

The sayings, and the cult like atmosphere is just too much.

They started doing some weird spirit animal thing (picked up from tony robbins).

What a **** show of a place.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    My best experience comes from my brief hiatus from the Merchant Cash Advance Industry..... when I sold replacement windows.

We essentially raped people, $200 Kensington windows were marked up to $1,200 Plus.

The whole premise and structure was just incredible. Led by a charismatic (so he thought) CEO, feathered hair and cowboy boots, whom had went to a Tony Robbins retreat and regurgitated everything in just the worst way.

There was so much turn around at that place, so many customer complaints, lack of service, lack of just everything.

One of the sales reps was a Crack Head, that made the owner money, but was essentially put on "probation" - This resulted in random urine tests, which resulted in the ****ing guy stashing clean urine all over the office.

Some other funny tidbits, the owner had sconces installed in the office to reflect a "relaxed atmosphere" - and he referred to these sconces on almost a daily freaking basis.

The manager is an Industry Vet that was well past his prime and seemed to have early onset alzheimer's. He also is the host of the longest running AM "Oldies" Radio show in the county....

The ****in place was hilarious. Sales Reps could "discount" the price significantly, and this resulted in customers saying "so, you just tried to f*ck me 5,10, and 20 Minutes ago with absurd prices" - The prices were still absurd.

The one guy they had that kept the whole operation afloat, was a lifelong window salesman, that honestly was a complete f*cking monster (i've tried getting him to jump ship and do MCA's since i've met him, he is just too used to Windows) Guy would be a monster. He eventually left and started his own Business, I'm not sure how the original place stays in business, they stage "Video Reviews" by offering discounts to Windows, it's the most horrible things you've ever seen.

The sayings, and the cult like atmosphere is just too much.

They started doing some weird spirit animal thing (picked up from tony robbins).

What a **** show of a place.

This sounds so much like the broker shop i worked at, my first day the owner got "amped" and took a baseball bat to a reps computer. we also had the office crack head who would talk in a british accent half the time to try and get submissions. i had just moved to florida and proir to mcas was in the car business it was a hell of a culture shock to say the least

This sounds so much like the broker shop i worked at, my first day the owner got "amped" and took a baseball bat to a reps computer. we also had the office crack head who would talk in a british accent half the time to try and get submissions. i had just moved to florida and proir to mcas was in the car business it was a hell of a culture shock to say the least
    My first ISO Shop was actually the ****, started at 19, and hooked me right in.

Nice ass office, Bently, Benz, G Wagon, littered with expensive cars.

Standard money everywhere, put on the wall for next deal in, etc, But I ate that **** up at 19.

My first ISO Shop was actually the ****, started at 19, and hooked me right in.

Nice ass office, Bently, Benz, G Wagon, littered with expensive cars.

Standard money everywhere, put on the wall for next deal in, etc, But I ate that **** up at 19.
    damn you and i had damn near the same expierence but i was 20, i ate it up at first turns out the guys actually making money were using the company to launder dirty money. coming from small town midwest to what i thought was the high roller life they had me hooked for a while didnt actually make **** for income until i left

The ISO I Started at Employees are responsible for creating countless other ISO shops and funders from people who started there.

Similar to 2nd Source...just spawned a bunch of ISOs and Funders.

GRP, UPLYFT, GMF, 2 Shops that Merged and became a WBL Branch... Countless others...that then the shops the original shop spawned, just spawned more and more.

Senior Member Reputation points: 44858

The ISO I Started at Employees are responsible for creating countless other ISO shops and funders from people who started there.

GRP, UPLYFT, GMF, 2 Shops that Merged and became a WBL Branch... Countless others...that then the shops the original shop spawned, just spawned more and more.
    cesspool of mca.......ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww lmao

its growing like a plague lmfao

Senior Member Reputation points: 32977

Sounds like you worked for dynamic cap. Yep, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmrg View Post
    Sounds like you worked for dynamic cap. Yep, that's it.
    wasnt going to name drop but yes it was dynamic cap

Seeing Glen gary and wolf of wall street posters in the break room... def boiler room type things I have seen in my experience. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by SNO View Post
    Seeing Glen gary and wolf of wall street posters in the break room... def boiler room type things I have seen in my experience. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    omg I worked for a company that called the half way decent leads the glen gary leads so glad I don't work there anymore lmao

We're located in Aventura. I worked for MLC back in the days and they were terrible. I've also worked at Dynamic Capital (Steve doesn't close deals because he doesn't want his employees to see him fail)

DNC: Funded $185,000 my first month and wasn't paid the rest of my commission, they fired me instead because I was fighting with someone on my team for stealing another 150K deal that came in. Steve lost his entire sales team and then he went and moved to Ft Lauderdale, never heard from him again.

MLC: We're talking closing deals wearing shorts and sandals, lying to the merchants, stealing from employees, using fear to manipulate employees. My advice, run far from someone like that. You need a leader that IS a sales God and DOESN'T need to brag about it or try to put you down to make himself look good.

I've made a lot of money with MCA's since then and have been running my own shop for years. If you hate where you're at and want to learn from someone that has an 85% renewal rate, give me a call.

Best,

Jean
    Progressive Capital
    305-721-9374

Quote Originally Posted by jjrouss View Post
    We're located in Aventura. I worked for MLC back in the days and they were terrible. I've also worked at Dynamic Capital (Steve doesn't close deals because he doesn't want his employees to see him fail)

DNC: Funded $185,000 my first month and wasn't paid the rest of my commission, they fired me instead because I was fighting with someone on my team for stealing another 150K deal that came in. Steve lost his entire sales team and then he went and moved to Ft Lauderdale, never heard from him again.

MLC: We're talking closing deals wearing shorts and sandals, lying to the merchants, stealing from employees, using fear to manipulate employees. My advice, run far from someone like that. You need a leader that IS a sales God and DOESN'T need to brag about it or try to put you down to make himself look good.

I've made a lot of money with MCA's since then and have been running my own shop for years. If you hate where you're at and want to learn from someone that has an 85% renewal rate, give me a call.

Best,

Jean
    Progressive Capital
    305-721-9374
    steve actually tried to close several of my leads while i worked thier he failed epically and im good on the work front but thankyou for the offer