Funding Circle, WTF
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Funding Circle, WTF

So i have been sending a number of deals to these guys. Got one funded but the rest are declining. Lets say i sent 10 over there.

So i get a call yesterday from the rep saying they are terminating me because they dont like the deals i am sending over. If you dont like the deals i am sending, decline them.

I am not sending fraudulent stuff.

Anyway, what a way to do business. You dont like the deals you are getting so you terminate the ISO agreement?

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

I know someone who sent over 114 deals , funded 17 deals and had one default after 3 months, They cut him off and there was nothing he can do.
    I personally have been funding 1 out of 5 and thank god no issue yet.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    So i have been sending a number of deals to these guys. Got one funded but the rest are declining. Lets say i sent 10 over there.

So i get a call yesterday from the rep saying they are terminating me because they dont like the deals i am sending over. If you dont like the deals i am sending, decline them.

Anyway, what a way to do business. You dont like the deals you are getting so you terminate the ISO agreement?
    Silly way to conduct business. I would much rather get a look so long as it it within the sandbox. Sometimes you find the great deals that way and also get some market intelligence.
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Funders are starting to track submission data more and more. They are looking into how many submissions vs how many funded vs default rate.

If you are sending a fund 100 deals a month & funding one, you are usignup and wasting their resources. They would rather you submit 10 deals a month you pre-qualified, and only fund one.

Most of their UW'ers are on salary, so it is an expense. You are taking up their time on deals that have a 1% chance of funding? What do they need YOU for?

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Funders are starting to track submission data more and more. They are looking into how many submissions vs how many funded vs default rate.

If you are sending a fund 100 deals a month & funding one, you are usignup and wasting their resources. They would rather you submit 10 deals a month you pre-qualified, and only fund one.

Most of their UW'ers are on salary, so it is an expense. You are taking up their time on deals that have a 1% chance of funding? What do they need YOU for?
    Ok, but funding 1/10? that is a 10% closing rate. Not that bad. If i had sent 100 deals and had none approved i could understand that .

sorry for not putting in the correct forum.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post

Ive spoken to a number of ISO shops that this has happened to this year. From what i understand Funding circle is getting out of the US market

Quote Originally Posted by KingCapBoom View Post
    Ive spoken to a number of ISO shops that this has happened to this year. From what i understand Funding circle is getting out of the US market
    Good to know.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5777

Strange..... I got a call from Quickbridge this morning saying that they are not accepting any new ISO's. This was after I tried to contact them for a few weeks. I told them we a factor right across town with a CFLL. "NOPE we are good." I asked him what their niche was and he said it is construction. I told him we can realistically help probably 25% or more of his clients in default- let alone fund the ones that think the MCA is too expensive.

What gives?

Senior Member Reputation points: 105

Quote Originally Posted by TedFundy View Post
    Strange..... I got a call from Quickbridge this morning saying that they are not accepting any new ISO's. This was after I tried to contact them for a few weeks. I told them we a factor right across town with a CFLL. "NOPE we are good." I asked him what their niche was and he said it is construction. I told him we can realistically help probably 25% or more of his clients in default- let alone fund the ones that think the MCA is too expensive.

What gives?
    TedFundy and Group,

LiftForward will pick-up where Funding Circle has left off in that We will lend up to $1M as a term loan with monthly payments. We have lower credit requirements, however our loans do require (Real Estate) collateral. If you have borrowers that are seeking a term loan product that can be funded quickly, give me a call directly to discuss.

Sean
    LiftForward
    sean@liftforward.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

As a direct funder I agree with Chambo's comment. It means A LOT when brokers learn what your funding parameters are and do their best to pre-qualify. I have to pay my staff thousands weekly to look at a lot of crap files where the broker is not paying the slightest attention as to whether the file is a fit. These brokers get very little of my attention since they are wasting my time and money.

On the flip side, I have other brokers who pay attention, look hard at what they are sending, and do their best to send quality stuff. Even if they get a decline, they still get my attention since they are sincerely trying to send quality files.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Are they tracking the difference between stupid submissions or meets basic guidelines one.
    Example 1 if you do not pull credit and merchant says he has 650 credit and you get declined for under 650 . example 2 min. is 15k a month and they send you a 5k submission.
    I personally send fc merchants that meet their criteria and still get only 1 out 5 approved for whatever bogus reason.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

We have used FC and recently funded 500k and 400k deals with them. They were very solid deals and process took about 2 weeks. Not sure about them leaving US market. You have to know what to send them. Dan has also very helpful and has a team who is very diligent on their UW process.
    Though very few funders offer the rates FC does

Senior Member Reputation points: 12878

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Are they tracking the difference between stupid submissions or meets basic guidelines one.
    Example 1 if you do not pull credit and merchant says he has 650 credit and you get declined for under 650 . example 2 min. is 15k a month and they send you a 5k submission.
    I personally send fc merchants that meet their criteria and still get only 1 out 5 approved for whatever bogus reason.
    They are tracking all submissions, doesn't matter if it has 100 NSF's/month or its a small detail in an overall perfect file. A decline is a decline and once your numbers are too one sided they cut you off.