Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Update on payment from EZ Capital, Mika Solomom, Kevin Williams

This an update to my previous post regarding payment from EZ Capital as a sole prop. I still have not received payment from them, after sending in paperwork they asked for re corp last Tuesday. Late last week Mika sent me an email stating I used an outdated w-9, which was pure bs, I used the copy she sent me, which is the newest one available at IRS.gov. I was told again Monday I would be paid then, which of course did not happen. I just reminded the her that the Schedule A states commissions are due within 7 business days, which will be tomorrow, Thursday. I will update again if the payment is received by then. BTW I was told by a colleague she works with Kevin Williams at EZ Capital, but I can't verify that. Can anyone confirm that?

Veteran Reputation points: 134971 Chambo's Avatar

The W-9 info didn't come from Mika et al, that came from Legal/HR. Not the first time I have seen that scenario

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Is EZ capital a direct funder or are they white labeling? Only thing I know about them is they stay is my spam folder.

Looks like a Yellowstone white label by looking at contract paperwork. Identical, and both mention another company called EZBCA.

Legal/HR lying about something so easily proven false?

Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

I dealt with them before. They white label and broker. I didn't find with them though so I have no idea about their payment policy on commissions.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

When you find out who owns EZ Capital you will be shocked.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastfunding View Post
    is ez capital a direct funder or are they white labeling? Only thing i know about them is they stay is my spam folder.
    lmao

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PismoBruce View Post
    This an update to my previous post regarding payment from EZ Capital as a sole prop. I still have not received payment from them, after sending in paperwork they asked for re corp last Tuesday. Late last week Mika sent me an email stating I used an outdated w-9, which was pure bs, I used the copy she sent me, which is the newest one available at IRS.gov. I was told again Monday I would be paid then, which of course did not happen. I just reminded the her that the Schedule A states commissions are due within 7 business days, which will be tomorrow, Thursday. I will update again if the payment is received by then. BTW I was told by a colleague she works with Kevin Williams at EZ Capital, but I can't verify that. Can anyone confirm that?
    first of all shout out to ****in team ka$h money and my fly boy shawn williams over there makin all that cheddar!!!

secondly, why are you even dealing with this and putting this on DF? just email isaac he will clear this up in a heartbeat for you and from here on out it literally cost $200 to file an LLC yourself on NYS's website. i don't see what legal protection of working with a corporation they would want because for financial and tax purposes a single member llc is a sole prop but they did tell you they would pay you the first deal or two as a sole prop until you incorporated so just tell isaac that and he will get it done.

end of story
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Happy to report I was paid on this deal this morning. Thanks to Isaac Stern, who quickly responded to my email, was interested in hearing what happened, and took action to get this resolved.

@pismobruce...happy I was able to help