Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

dialer or just dialing ?

I was never a fan of a dialer but it is very efficient . Just curious what are all your thoughts on pros and cons of using one or not.
    Thanks

i like just dialing out, i guess i am a bit old school. i personally did not like wearing a headset with the dialer & using the computer to make those calls.

also, i like to sometimes print out the leads & make notes on paper as i am speaking to a potential customer.
    let me know if you recommend a particular dialing system that is easy to use/set up?

i hope that helps.
    thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 3088

It's not even close. I was reluctant too for awhile- I would recommend Five 9: www.five9.com/Dialer. I run 2-3 lines per agent at any given time, our contact rates have skyrocketed. You can also setup Five 9 to automatically batch the data input into your CRM, so you don't have to keep two separate systems for lead notes. Our contact rate increased by about 60%, the only issue is every once in awhile a client will answer a call and I don't have anyone actually available to take it, but that can be fixed by running less lines at a time.

appreciate it. thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

using a good dialer is very effective if used properly. I remember when I was on a dialer I would make on average of 700-850 calls a day, where as manually dialing about 250. You basically do 3-4 days worth of work in one day.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Dialers are just much more efficient and can help keep you focused. Hand dialing is good if you're disciplined but it's too easy to get distracted.

dialer or just dialing ?

Fundingczar:: Five9' works beautiful. Which crm are you syncing in with five9?

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    I was never a fan of a dialer but it is very efficient . Just curious what are all your thoughts on pros and cons of using one or not.
    Thanks
    ...wouldn't consider working without one.

Karen37a
    Without anyone yelling at me. I am of the opposite opinion. I think when people smile and dial you are looking for or finding "low hanging fruit" or the blind squirrel finding a nut system.

I am a proponent of busting thru the gatekeeper and finding a time or setting times to speak with decision makers so my dials are less but I "pitch" more and have a higher conversion ratio with larger funding amounts.

Its very hard to teach though and most brokers really dont want to do it, they want to drop close and go for the jugular on the first phone call

To each their own I guess.

I think somewhere in the middle is best. When you are new you better grind it out though, build a pipeline.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 01-02-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

is there any liability with calling with a dailer like those old press 1 campaign ?

Karen37a
    I am not a lawyer but this all falls under the telephone consumer protection act., fcc and ftc. Usually Business calls do not have as much scrutiny as residential, our industry is not regulated and there are no compliance rules or violations spelled out

I still use strict guidelines when calling "like" ...announcing the company name and the purpose of the call within 30 seconds, having a company specific internal dnc list,calling during set hours and also you can call someones cell phone number and then fall outside of the business purpose guidelines.

There is always liability in any business transaction/ encounter , the key is to minimize it or negate it.

Also one person might use an auto dialer to dial the same 3000 numbers over and over and over harassing people and another can act responsibly, so it would depend on the individual person and their intent as well.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 01-05-2017 at 07:33 PM.

manual vs the dialer is a preference, depending on team efficiency. We've been there, and now there's a reliable lead source here's how it works. Need live transfers or a dialing data or whatever the case may be, is all about results. I've worked with leads priced from $.15 - $85 and the a client is a client that's the bottom line. I'm offering you a sample small or large, judge me based on your percentage gains while "Tom, Dick n Harry" or "any ol Joe" smile and dial. My best email is: brian@lighthousecapitalsol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Thanks
    dialing data to do as you please.

I have a VERY strong opinion on this....I run a room. And I run it like I did as a stockbroker -- strict BOILER ROOM style. No dialer...NO CHAIRS at times!

You will separate the men from the boys this way -- it takes a certain kind of guy to be successful in this business. This is one way to trim the fat.

Efficient my ass! I'll take one of mine, with blood coming out the corner of his mouth -- hungry to earn -- against any of yours!

Damn, Jordan Belfort, we get it...

Banned Reputation points: 589

Dialer, hands down. You simply can't cover the amount of ground necessary without automation.

Karen37a
    Alonzo..I use to tell the girls to wear flats the next day when my chair was taken away( even the backoffice girls)..All the men wanted the hot young chicks in high heels., so they let me have my chair to not cause a ruckus and keep watching short skirts and stilettos go by lol

predictive dialer

I'll be brief...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE **** YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!?

NONE!

Zero!

And unless you "KNOW"...then you don't know. "In theory" that all sounds good -- YOU NEVER MADE A NICKEL!...Well, in case you didn't know...I'll say it again...you have them dial!

Here's this...the easier you make it for the callers -- the lazier they become -- the more disengaged they become -- the less SHARP...You never ran a boiler room? Which is why you have not a clue!! (A telemarketing room is a boiler room)

Jesus is Lord, we get it, no chairs.

How has that worked for you so far?

we ditched dialers because it made it too robotic

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

recommendations for dialer?
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me