Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Lead Generation Website Value

What would be the value of a MCA lead gen website generating 5-10 closed deals per month?

Lead Generation Website Value

I have experience in driving traffic and was wondering. One deal on the referral level is worth a few hundred dollars. But the same deal is worth thousands to lenders. Correct?

Are you looking to sell the site itself, lead, rev share on referrals?

Sell the site. Maintaining a good position in the SERPS requires an aggressive backlinking layout for keywords surrounding "merchant cash advance".

What is it worth to you?

Email me I'm interested in buying it right away. media at breakcapital.com

I would be interested as well, what kind of traffic is it generating and how many contacts daily / monthly ? Eddie.deangelis@vmccapital.com

website

What us the website URL ? Please give me. Call on Monday 267-569-7107. Would like to discuss with you. Eddie VMC capital , LLC

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

looks like there is yet another niche in the MCA world... flipping web sites... classic... i respect your hustle...

Nothing since I'm not in the MCA business. I build lead gen sites for multiple industries. I have a family member that recently got a MCA for his business and when I found out how much he's paying back, the light blub in my head flipped on wondering what is the commission on THAT lead?

Because of the interest, I'm working on a batch of 5 sites as we speak.

They are geographically and industry specific.

It will take approx 6-8 weeks to have good performance data.

I'm thinking of having a silent online auction for all of them when ready. Thoughts?

As I yours, Mr Gecco

What are the top converting industries in the MCA business?

I compiled a list of industries that I believe are prime targets for MCA's. Any missing?

hair salons
    nail shops
    beauty salons
    beauty parlors
    restuarants
    liquor stores
    retail stores
    tobacco stores
    beauty supply stores
    body shops
    massage parlors
    dog kennels
    limo services
    convenience stores
    coffee shops
    meat markets
    grocers
    bakeries
    bridal shops
    florists
    clothing stores
    ice cream parlors
    deli
    cafe
    book stores
    pizza parlors
    night clubs
    auto part stores
    thrift stores
    sporting good stores
    bowling ally
    bike shops
    jewelers
    hobby stores
    toy stores
    gift shops
    party supply stores
    dollar stores
    smoke shops
    pet stores
    resorts
    motels
    barbers
    tattoo parlors
    tanning salons
    moving companys
    storage facilities
    car washes
    health clubs
    pool halls
    day care centers

Banned Reputation points: 306

I just don't see how buying a lead gen website makes any sense. It makes way more sense to just buy live leads (phone calls / form submissions) This is a classic example of anybody willing to buy into a short cut. The downside risk far outweighs the upside (depending on site price) because you can't control Google SERP's. There's way less downside risk, and alot more upside from optimizing for specific search terms on your own.

ShieldFunding.com spent almost a year to get to the top in SERPs for "business loans." They got there and ate good for maybe a week or two (most of it was startups anyway).

Short cut. Short cut. Short cut. FTW!!
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 04-17-2014 at 06:51 PM.

It's more to it than just getting to the top of the Google SERP's. It's about driving traffic. There are dozens of techniques to driving traffic. I've been doing it for seven years and have tools and resources at my disposal, including an email list of over 100k business owners built in-house.

Owning or leasing a lead gen site should not be your only source of generating leads. However if you have a site that brings 100+ leads a month on autopilot, you could sell some leads yourself if you wish. Plus the leads will be fresh and exclusive.

Your example of sheldfundingdotcom trying to rank in Google for "business loans" is the perfect example of someone not conducting proper keyword research. Understand that they were competing with large banks and financial institutions with million dollar marketing budgets. No way would I try to rank for that keyword. But what about "restaurant business loans" or even better "restaurant business loans chicago". They would've had success alot faster and should be able to maintain that position. And the "startups" leads; aren't there funding available for those? They could flip those leads or find funding for them. Leave nothing on the table.

Thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JayBallentine View Post
    I just don't see how buying a lead gen website makes any sense. It makes way more sense to just buy live leads (phone calls / form submissions) This is a classic example of anybody willing to buy into a short cut. The downside risk far outweighs the upside risk (depending on price) because you can't control Google SERP's. There's way less downside risk, and alot more upside risk from optimizing for specific search terms on your own.

ShieldFunding.com spent almost a year to get to the top in SERPs for "business loans." They got there and ate good for maybe a week or two (most of it was startups anyway).

Short cut. Short cut. Short cut. FTW!!

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by gsr702 View Post
    It's more to it than just getting to the top of the Google SERP's. It's about driving traffic. There are dozens of techniques to driving traffic. I've been doing it for seven years and have tools and resources at my disposal, including an email list of over 100k business owners built in-house.

Owning or leasing a lead gen site should not be your only source of generating leads. However if you have a site that brings 100+ leads a month on autopilot, you could sell some leads yourself if you wish. Plus the leads will be fresh and exclusive.

Your example of sheldfundingdotcom trying to rank in Google for "business loans" is the perfect example of someone not conducting proper keyword research. Understand that they were competing with large banks and financial institutions with million dollar marketing budgets. No way would I try to rank for that keyword. But what about "restaurant business loans" or even better "restaurant business loans chicago". They would've had success alot faster and should be able to maintain that position. And the "startups" leads; aren't there funding available for those? They could flip those leads or find funding for them. Leave nothing on the table.

Thanks for your feedback
    Driving targeted traffic > SEO

Long-tail targeting > "small business loans"

Personally - I'd buy every piece of content you've ever created (if it were quality), ever binary bit of it before I bought your site.

Or - sell them Lendio style. 4x for $40 each in complete autopilot. Make $16k a month while playing golf all day.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBallentine View Post
    Driving targeted traffic > SEO

Long-tail targeting > "small business loans"

Personally - I'd buy every piece of content you've ever created (if it were quality), ever binary bit of it before I bought your site.

Or - sell them Lendio style. 4x for $40 each in complete autopilot. Make $16k a month while playing golf all day.
    Driving targeted traffic > SEO|PPC|PPV|Media buys|Banners|Online Classifieds|CPA Networks|Direct Marketing|Email Marketing|Webinars|Video Marketing|Re-Marketing/Targeting

Long-tail targeting > "4+ words in keyword" (your long keywords won't have alot of traffic, but easy to rank. so rank 5+ long-tail keywords)

I'm not following you about buying my content? I'm open to sending you leads on a trial basis when setup is complete. I'm new to the financial industry and respect your status. Mr. Gecko (i spelled it wrong last time)

I didn't say "complete" autopilot...LOL

BTW.....what happened to your profile picture??

Nevermind. Confused you with Ryan......LOL

Gar702. Please give me a call 267-569-7107. Eddie

Left you VM

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Lendio actually purchased the top lead gen site some years back, which ranked #1 for the keyword "business loans" and held that spot for about 2.5 - 3 years. It was generating 1500 - 2500 leads a month.

It makes sense to buy a top lead gen. site because the work is already done and the risk is almost removed. You're able to leverage the benefits of a solely controlled inbound lead generation platform, without paying the cost in time and knowledge, as well as trial and error required, to likely fail. Funders are not usually great marketers, it's not something you get up one day and just become good at (as referenced by the many different failure stories posted, testing out different tools).

There is a Google algorithm change every week, most under the radar unless you're in that space. If you know what you're doing, you already know how to plan and adjust for them. But even then, that doesn't mean you just stop trying, especially if this is your livelihood.

Shield isn't the only one that spent a lot of money for those top rankings, Paramount, Genesis, Wilshire Finance, Amerimerchant, Merchant Loans, among numerous others, threw money at trying to take that top position as well, with Merchant Loans having the most success, and that was only a few months. You have to be very good at hitting a moving target in the dark while blindfolded, and it's not just simply spending a lot of money.

-
    www.UccRadar.com
    Make an offer, I dare you...

I agree with you 100%. If my business was based around SEO alone I wouldn't be able to sleep wondering what Google will do next. Its definitely a moving target. And alot of work.

Gsr702 please call my cell 214-669-0827. Thanks ! What is your name ?