Average Monthly Funding Volume?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

I'm new to the cash advance business (4 months) and I was curious about individual broker's average monthly funding volume. How much does the average broker rep fund per month? How much do "superstar" brokers fund per month? I'm not asking how much people make and I realize the ability to fund is based on many factors (quality of leads, support, types of marketing etc) - I'd just like to get an idea of what a typical range is for the average broker rep all the way up to the best broker reps. Also, do you find some months are better or worse than others? Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Average brokers probably fund $100K-250K per month on an individual basis. Superstars can fund $500K and up. I'm not including brokers who receive deals from other ISOs since this can pump the monthly numbers into the millions. Yes some months are better than others so it's good to build up a book of renewals to cover the slower months.
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 3088

My Floor has 3 reps that average $400k/monthly so far YTD, floor average is $162k. Usually it takes 30-120 days to ramp up a pipeline, so newer reps typically do $50-100k/monthly in the beginning.

I would agree with MCANetwork here his numbers are what I have seen over the years in different shops

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Wow are you guys talking in new deals or also rewenals . Are you referring to giving reps Zero leads ?
    Last edited by Michael I; 09-25-2016 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Wow are you guys talking in new deals or also rewenals . Are you referring to giving reps Zero leads ?
    Only new deals are included in my volume numbers- we also provide warm leads to our reps, each person gets 10-20 new opportunities a day.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomcabiz View Post
    I'm new to the cash advance business (4 months) and I was curious about individual broker's average monthly funding volume. How much does the average broker rep fund per month? How much do "superstar" brokers fund per month? I'm not asking how much people make and I realize the ability to fund is based on many factors (quality of leads, support, types of marketing etc) - I'd just like to get an idea of what a typical range is for the average broker rep all the way up to the best broker reps. Also, do you find some months are better or worse than others? Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it.
    Here's an article I did for deBanked in November 2015 in relation to this topic: http://debanked.com/2015/11/what-mak...much-you-fund/

Review and let me know (along with others viewing) if you agree or disagree with my commentary. I believe I pretty much nailed it down in terms of this topic.

My measurements will be based on new and renewal volume, with the broker being independent which means he receives no "in-house leads" from a large MCA firm or any "ISO leads/submissions". Basically the broker goes out and generates his own new and renewal applications.

Also, the measurement starts with at least a 24 month period (could go as low as 18 months) because this allows to really measure a broker's performance over time to factor in artificial booms/busts or a broker just having a really "lucky" month or quarter:

Superstar Level:
    Funding over $300,000 a month
    Good Level: Funding about $200,000 a month
    Average Level: Funding about $100,000 a month
    Rookie Level: Funding about $40,000 - $50,000 a month
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 09-25-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

I fund a few dozen million a month. Amateurs.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    I fund a few dozen million a month. Amateurs.
    You must be using Yulia's UCC files to generate those numbers!
    Tommy Stein

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TStein View Post
    You must be using Yulia's UCC files to generate those numbers!
    He is an underwriter/ISO rep, last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by FundingCzar View Post
    Only new deals are included in my volume numbers- we also provide warm leads to our reps, each person gets 10-20 new opportunities a day.
    I was under the impression that 250k for weak and above 500k for good . But I guess your numbers are pretty similar

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    He is an underwriter/ISO rep, last I heard.
    I'm a credit guy.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

This is pretty accurate but I would modify it slightly to:

Superstar Level: Funding over $400,000 a month
    Good Level: Funding over $300,000 a month
    Average Level: Funding about $200,000 a month
    Rookie Level: Funding about $100,000 a month

We all know sales vary month to month basis so keeping a 90 track history is a good way to measure yourself. Look at your last 90 days, divide by 3, and see where ya fit.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post

We all know sales vary month to month basis so keeping a 90 track history is a good way to measure yourself. Look at your last 90 days, divide by 3, and see where ya fit.
    this is pretty close to what I believe. I think if you are superstar its going to be a higher then 400k, super is going minimum 500k or better every month. Also a rookie if they are hitting 100k right out of the gate then they are going to be a superstar one day because in todays market I think it is taking people a little longer to learn and start hitting decent numbers. That said these numbers are pretty close to reality.. Remember this also has a lot to do with where you work basing these numbers on companies with average marketing budgets.. The larger ISO's spending hundreds of thousands a month on marketing are going to have higher expectations of their closers then companies with average marketing budgets
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

At Cresthill capital you will get the same service if you have only 1 deal a year for just 2K (we are the largest in funding 2K deals but happily fund to 350K).

by Cresthill/Mantis EVERYONE is a superstar!!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 09-26-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    At Cresthill capital you will get the same service if you have only 1 deal a year for just 2K (we are the largest in funding 2K deals but happily fund to 350K).

by Cresthill/Mantis EVERYONE is a superstar!!
    so what are the reps by mantis averaging ? try to be helpful to thread . instead of spewing your nonsense that we are all sick of

jotucker1983

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    this is pretty close to what I believe. I think if you are superstar its going to be a higher then 400k, super is going minimum 500k or better every month. Also a rookie if they are hitting 100k right out of the gate then they are going to be a superstar one day because in todays market I think it is taking people a little longer to learn and start hitting decent numbers. That said these numbers are pretty close to reality.. Remember this also has a lot to do with where you work basing these numbers on companies with average marketing budgets.. The larger ISO's spending hundreds of thousands a month on marketing are going to have higher expectations of their closers then companies with average marketing budgets
    Guys but remember, my metrics are for independent brokers only, who are not receiving any leads, have no marketing budgets of any relative significance, don't get to count ISO submissions, and mainly generate apps through telemarketing or some other innovative marketing strategy.

When you factor in all of the other admin related tasks that independent broker has to manage, averaging $200k a month has got to be at least "Good", $300k a month has got to be at least "Superstar".

Also I use at least a 18 - 24 month time period to measure, because a broker can come in having a strong 2 or 3 months, then go dead in months 4 - 6, then decide he wants to leave the industry during months 9 - 12. With an 18 - 24 month measurement, you now have some form of consistency to judge an independent broker's actual competency and "status" as a Good, Superstar, or Average broker.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 09-26-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Guys but remember, my metrics are for independent brokers only, who are not receiving any leads, have no marketing budgets of any relative significance, don't get to count ISO submissions, and mainly generate apps through telemarketing or some other innovative marketing strategy.

When you factor in all of the other admin related tasks that independent broker has to manage, averaging $200k a month has got to be at least "Good", $300k a month has got to be at least "Superstar".

Also I use at least a 18 - 24 month time period to measure, because a broker can come in having a strong 2 or 3 months, then go dead in months 4 - 6, then decide he wants to leave the industry during months 9 - 12. With an 18 - 24 month measurement, you now have some form of consistency to judge an independent broker's actual competency and "status" as a Good, Superstar, or Average broker.

OK then based on all of that I would say those numbers are definitely on target if you talking 1 man shops handling all business themselves and using only a small marketing budget
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post

I was referring to a modest shop/lender with a modest marketing budget. Like John said, the more you spend the more results that are expected.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Are you guys taking out the couple of big deals ? also what do you call a modest marketing budget ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

I was referring to a modest shop/lender with a modest marketing budget. Like John said, the more you spend the more results that are expected.
    To be fair its not the rule of thumb. I have an ISO in Texas he has always Hugh 500-1M a month in sales files and spends NO money (just time) to get the business owner interested. My point is creativity can still bring in tremendous business.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Are you guys taking out the couple of big deals ? also what do you call a modest marketing budget ?
    No-all large and small deals are included my in my numbers, its an average.Our average rep funds 4.5 deals/month, with the newest reps doing 1-2 deals and seasoned reps doing 7-10/monthly.

Larger ISO's typically spend anywhere from $25k-$100k/month for every 10 reps on staff. I can only speak for about 5 larger ISO's that I regularly speak with, but across all of us we are probably averaging $60k/month for every 10 reps on staff. There are TONS of exceptions though, I know ISO's doing $1-3M monthly with ZERO marketing budget.

I think your numbers are pretty accurate. IMHO