Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Karen37a

Cool Worst clients/Merchants ( Just to laugh )

Just for fun to break up the day, without getting into too many specifics; who was your worst merchant
    ( someone who sent docs in)

I had a guy who's credit report said he was deceased.., he told me he does part time estate planning and they must have mixed him up with one of his clients .

Then he owed 300k in credit card debt which he defaulted on before the deceased thing, then he sent me a cover letter to a resume saying he was from Harvard and his daddy too, therefore they deserve better treatment.

( now im off to actually work instead of messing around on here)

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    Just for fun to break up the day, without getting into too many specifics; who was your worst merchant
    ( someone who sent docs in)

I had a guy who's credit report said he was deceased.., he told me he does part time estate planning and they must have mixed him up with one of his clients .

Then he owed 300k in credit card debt which he defaulted on before the deceased thing, then he sent me a cover letter to a resume saying he was from Harvard and his daddy too, therefore they deserve better treatment.

( now im off to actually work instead of messing around on here)
    Forget all the fraud deals and all the nonsense that comes with that for me the worst I have seen and it has happened twice to me, Sub 400 credit. Actual business real person happened twice 385 credit first time 380 the second.. Did not know if was possible to get that low on credit. You literally have to never have ever paid any bill to anyone and also call Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax everyday and curse out who ever picks up the phone to get to a credit score that low
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

I thought i've seen it all, but this guy took the cake. Had a deal last week where the merchant altered my COJ to reflect a lowered Payback amount as well as the daily payment. They were even kind enough to send back the "original copy." There's fraud, and then there's FRAUD!
    It's a shame though, because they actually were a legitimate business and could've gotten funded eventually
    Just thought I'd share

Senior Member Reputation points: 8659

background check came back for prostitution and giving a false name to police. I googled and found out the name he used was Cindy Crawford, THE NAME HE USED!! When I told the merchant he said it was just a misunderstanding..