Insanity in it's purest form
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Last week I had a merchant advise that he is not required to pay any money to my client. His reasoning?

"Money is defined as precious metals. You gave me nothing but numbers in my bank account (referring to dollar amounts added when he was wired the money). I will give you nothing of monetary value as I own no precious metal. Speak to my lawyer."

I wonder if he'll think "numbers" are still meaningless when he is served Monday and the docket number is readily available.

The worst part? This is the third person in the last decade to try this ridiculous defence. Once was funny, twice is weird, three times makes me think that there are a bunch of attorneys chasing merchants with nothing to lose and willing to be taken in by a lawyer selling some pipe dream based upon a law passed in 1835.

Ridiculous.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12878

Too bad Webster defines money as "a current medium of exchange"

collection

It's absolutely amazing what people will do to circumvent responsibility of any sort. Everybody is entitled and your the bad guy because you took a risk funding me. You know it's not the money that's the issue but rather the responsibility that goes along with the commitment to pay it back. Unfortunately your post speaks loudly of just how colluded and wavering a good portion of just how for many hear our clientele thinks and acts. Just remember they are entitled!

Update-

Apparently his lawyer who left me a message on a Sunday(??) says that he'll be seeking damages from us because we didn't issue his client any precious metal. It seems we are guilty of fraud for only issuing a wire transfer which is "worthless". We should have issued him ownership in gold as an example.

I wonder what damages he will seek. A mine in Sierra Leone?

Absolutely mind boggling.

Open up an account with Bitgold you can meet the requirement the lawyer is asking for.

lol must be a soverign citizen lol