Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Great News!!!

I was approved TWICE today for an unsecured business loan!!! Who do I beg to get my cell taken off the list of leads that everyone is using??

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    I was approved TWICE today for an unsecured business loan!!! Who do I beg to get my cell taken off the list of leads that everyone is using??
    if you find out please let me know I get at least 1 call a day but I get them on my work line which I find even funnier then getting it on my cell
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

I'm a direct lender and I'm getting daily email blast from lenders.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

I heard that once you take out an advance that you'll be taken off the list.

...So would you prefer a credit card split or bank account ACH?
    Tommy Stein

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    if you find out please let me know I get at least 1 call a day but I get them on my work line which I find even funnier then getting it on my cell
    I've gotten them on my office line also, those are funny. I think its more the Indian call centers using my cell, and American shops calling my office line.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Desperation is spiking. Smoke from the bonfire of marketing dollars can be seen from Miami to Staten Island. Exciting time though for professionals with entrenched plans.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Exciting time though for professionals with entrenched plans.
    Like the plan the big houses are currently executing by flooding media channels with mega marketing dollars and huge inside sales forces to finally crush all the laptop ISOs?

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Like the plan the big houses are currently executing by flooding media channels with mega marketing dollars and huge inside sales forces to finally crush all the laptop ISOs?
    Yes, but I was really referring to the smaller guys/gals who came in with an actual plan that differentiates them. But you are right, there is a lot going on right now:

1- Big funders filing to go public who are defending their portfolio and at the same time trying desperately to get their default rate at 5% or better so they get a better valuation should they ever manage to list in this environment.
    2-Bigger funders realizing that the better ISOs big or small are not only their meal ticket but need some support. (but actually provide very little value through their outside biz dev efforts)
    3- Lead sources drying up by the nano-second
    4- Media stiffs and political types spending more time looking behind the curtain and opining about things.
    5- Outright theft, deception, back-dooring (and sometimes bragging about it behind closed doors)
    6- Yes, media buying and digital domination by large funders that all but eliminates the small guy.
    7- Larger C/D paper shops who are slowly realizing that by essentially buying deals on their way towards the top they are plateauing and are pseudo collection agencies going forward.
    8- "Know your client" rules and best practices are coming faster and faster.
    9- Jay Ballentine sells shoes

Feel free to add on....

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Its a reality the day the funding companies can cut out the ISO they will. Its business 12-14% goes to a broker with no risk to them. Funding companies hate this fact even if they don't tell you. They are all hiring in house sales teams in order to generate their own leads to eventually cut out the outside submissions, paying in-house guys 2-3% on deals. This is the time of the brokers they have the leverage until they don't anymore. That's what will happen first I think.

Member Reputation points: 1377

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    Its a reality the day the funding companies can cut out the ISO they will. Its business 12-14% goes to a broker with no risk to them. Funding companies hate this fact even if they don't tell you. They are all hiring in house sales teams in order to generate their own leads to eventually cut out the outside submissions, paying in-house guys 2-3% on deals. This is the time of the brokers they have the leverage until they don't anymore. That's what will happen first I think.
    I disagree.

The big funders can either spend 12-14% on each deal to pay the brokers and the brokers spend their own money for marketing OR they can spend 20-30% of their own money for marketing for the same deal and still have to pay their inside sales reps the 2-3%.

Either way, the risk factor stays with the Funder.

The big Funders would not get rid of their ISOs because we are really just another one of their less expensive marketing arms.

Right now large Funding Co's are paying 12-14% to outside brokers, thousands monthly in marketing, office space, computers, credit pulls, utility's, legal fees, background software, a staff of in house brokers calling on leads they had to purchase, etc. So trust me its a matter of making some moves and raising profitability. Its the nature of Corporate America.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by BigIz View Post
    I disagree.

The big funders can either spend 12-14% on each deal to pay the brokers and the brokers spend their own money for marketing OR they can spend 20-30% of their own money for marketing for the same deal and still have to pay their inside sales reps the 2-3%.

Either way, the risk factor stays with the Funder.

The big Funders would not get rid of their ISOs because we are really just another one of their less expensive marketing arms.
    By driving out little ISOs, they create less competition, and therefore lower the overall cost of marketing in the long term, even though it may cost more in the short run.

Even operating at a loss for a couple of quarters in exchange for establishing brand recognition, bringing in better quality deals, reducing fraud, and eliminating high broker commissions, all while having complete control over the process from A to Z and crushing 70% of the competition seems like a fair trade strategy wise.

Not to mention eliminating the need for entire ISO support divisions which are big dollar liabilities.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

I am in the middle of writing about this I was supposed to be done BUT DailyFunder keeps taking me away from it

I received a call from John about 3 times the other day- John, who said he talked to me before, had different accents EACH time we spoke. I researched the number and boy... the perception, opinions, and facts that people put as a review to the phone numbers are CRAZY!! Don't y'all do a reverse # look up?!? Call them up and call them out!
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Yeah I'd love to see the day lenders stop accepting good deals from outside reps. To focus on the inside sales more than partners, yeah that makes sense. But I find it hard to believe brokers will one day have a tough time finding a home for the deals the generate. Never happen

Much different to focus more on the other, than to cut one side off