Slow March?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Slow March?

I keep hearing from lenders and other medium sized ISOs in the area that funding volume for March is down a bit. Anyone else feeling it? (And before the usual suspects get on here bragging about how the roof is on fire and all I need to do is send in files with my ISO agreement, save it, I'm not taking on new lenders)

Just interested in some perspective.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Not really slow this month, I think all my ISO's are on vacation today.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    I keep hearing from lenders and other medium sized ISOs in the area that funding volume for March is down a bit. Anyone else feeling it? (And before the usual suspects get on here bragging about how the roof is on fire and all I need to do is send in files with my ISO agreement, save it, I'm not taking on new lenders)

You want the truth ? We don't see any slowdown. What we do see is the average merchants volumes are lower in Jan and Feb but not sure if your asking that! however its very noticeable if that's any indication on the state of Americas mom and pop merchants!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-21-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Not any indication Clapman, come on.....business is ALWAYS SLOW in Jan and Feb, always has been for merchants

If your reps were smart and on their game, they would immediately be asking for payback months for every submission, especially retail and service. nip that turkey in the bud form square one

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

I'm getting a lot of NSF guys, lots of stacked to death guys, lots of businesses on the way out, but that's the usual of course. I'm seeing a lot of action with contractors of all kinds....and I do agree that there's a slump right now - in discretionary spending - and that's going to continue through to summer for the most part.....but of course your local florist will be looking good with the January funeral season and of course valentine's day, so there's that too....musical instrument dealers having a rough go of it, and naturally this is the time of year when all my tax prep guys are in the market but don't have the numbers without a nice fat file.

Its always rough out there - I'm hoping its rough enough so everyone else gives up!

Yeah, it's definitely a need based product no doubt. You don't pay these rates to kick around cash with no plan for it. It's turning into the credit card processing business. No barrier to entry, no education required, no special skills required, a brokerage on every corner. Any Joe with a few bucks and a desire to be the boss can open an office and stick some Craigslist rejects in cubes to smile and dial all day. Ugh...

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    You want the truth ? We don't see any slowdown. What we do see is the average merchants volumes are lower in Jan and Feb but not sure if your asking that! however its very noticeable if that's any indication on the state of Americas mom and pop merchants!
    Wow Marcus I don't know why you bother advertising if you never have a slowdown

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Last month was rough for me . Thank god this month has been rocking

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    I'm getting a lot of NSF guys, lots of stacked to death guys, lots of businesses on the way out, but that's the usual of course. I'm seeing a lot of action with contractors of all kinds....and I do agree that there's a slump right now - in discretionary spending - and that's going to continue through to summer for the most part.....but of course your local florist will be looking good with the January funeral season and of course valentine's day, so there's that too....musical instrument dealers having a rough go of it, and naturally this is the time of year when all my tax prep guys are in the market but don't have the numbers without a nice fat file.

Its always rough out there - I'm hoping its rough enough so everyone else gives up!
    NSF's and stacked guys are WBL's specialty. Send me those tough files... ;-)
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Yeah those responsible homeowners with tons of equity, always bouncing checks...

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

I've had a couple of rough months followed by operational changes. It's been rough my peoples. Millions of dollars to get out on the street looking for submissions. I am needing to fund files, any help would be appreciated. I would be personally handling & expediting your file through to funding, have an amazing day $$$$.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2218

We had an amazing December, followed by a slow Jan and Feb. But it has definitely turned around in March, back to December levels and December was a record month for us.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Our March has been slow as well. We had a slow January, a pretty strong February, and so far a slow March. I've heard from a few people that this month for them has been slow. We personally have some tough merchants that we are working with and if some of them close then it would turn March around but otherwise it seems that many of us are in the same boat this month. Even our latest email campaign didn't preform as well as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Not any indication Clapman, come on.....business is ALWAYS SLOW in Jan and Feb, always has been for merchants

If your reps were smart and on their game, they would immediately be asking for payback months for every submission, especially retail and service. nip that turkey in the bud form square one
    Seems like you've been reading our manuals ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Wow Marcus I don't know why you bother advertising if you never have a slowdown
    Long way to go! (just saw an Apple commercial wonder why?) ...
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-22-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Posts get hijacked on here like car tires in jackson heights queens.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    Posts get hijacked on here like car tires in jackson heights queens.
    Crime stats for Jackson Heights... (we are property holders so i know my zones)...
    As in most neighborhoods, crime has dropped from 1993 to 2010, with major crimes down 76 percent, led by an 86 percent plunge in murders and a 74 percent drop in robberies. Rape declined 8 percent in that time period. Property crimes have diminished as well, as they have in other neighborhoods with rising home values.

»View all crime stats

Car thefts were down 89 percent and burglaries 85 percent. Jackson Heights ranks 18th safest in 2010 for the property thefts category
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-22-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Crime states for Jackson Heights... (we are property holders so i know my zones)...
    As in most neighborhoods, crime has dropped from 1993 to 2010, with major crimes down 76 percent, led by an 86 percent plunge in murders and a 74 percent drop in robberies. Rape declined 8 percent in that time period. Property crimes have diminished as well, as they have in other neighborhoods with rising home values.

»View all crime stats

Car thefts were down 89 percent and burglaries 85 percent. Jackson Heights ranks 18th safest in 2010 for the property thefts category
    It was meant to be a joke, but thank you for bolstering my point for me

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

My ISO's have been telling me the deals they're seeing are either really solid files (Tier 1, Tier 2 paper) or real crap (lots of NSF's, multiple position etc.) Not much happening in the subprime area

Come on guys if you keep giving Mr. Clapman a hard time you might miss out on

DOUBLE DIGIT COMMISSIONS
    Michael Jagiello
    Director of Client Acquisitions
    Blue Granite Funding LLC
    mjagiello@bluegranitefunding.com
    1(718)873-6407 Cell
    1(917)791-8911 Fax

I think most got the point (actually point"S") by now

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Slow March here yup not just slow its weird, I've had slow months this is more like if the bottom fell off the barrel. Now its turned into a slow beginning to April.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1322

1st half was slow, 2nd half rocked

Banned Reputation points: 135

Best way to check is look at your last few Years of March performance. March tends to be a tough month in this space.