What Will Kill The Industry?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

What Will Kill The Industry?

Personally, I am guessing it will be people putting their numbers on do not call lists. I have been called on my cell at least 5 times today, from different companies, and every one of the callers sounded like they were from India.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    Personally, I am guessing it will be people putting their numbers on do not call lists. I have been called on my cell at least 5 times today, from different companies, and every one of the callers sounded like they were from India.
    hate to burst your bubble the whole industry is not just from cold calling . marketing has become a huge factor and i honestly believe that will help put all the joke shops out of business

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

I really hope you are correct. The day cannot come soon enough.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    hate to burst your bubble the whole industry is not just from cold calling . marketing has become a huge factor and i honestly believe that will help put all the joke shops out of business
    I agree. Thin the herd. It's time.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    I just got robo-dialed again for a small business loan on my cell phone that has been on the do-not-call list for 7 years. This needs to stop. It's really aggravating.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    I just got robo-dialed again for a small business loan on my cell phone that has been on the do-not-call list for 7 years. This needs to stop. It's really aggravating.
    report them

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    They ain't gonna stop, until they get hit with an injunction from the Feds, or someone sues the Bejesus out of them

Another joy in this unregulated industry

The software should be illegal and the companies that run it fined and shut down. Period.

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

yet ever Tom, Dick & Harry ISO out there is using the "Press 1" or auto dialer programs

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    yet ever Tom, Dick & Harry ISO out there is using the "Press 1" or auto dialer programs
    Does it even work? Do people really fall for that?

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    report them
    they always seem to use fake phone #s and if you press 1, the person won't tell you what company they work or where they're located. they're ghosts.

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I am doing this a while and have dealt with some bad leads. I think press 1 campaign may be the absolute worst I ever tried. It was a while back maybe 4 or 5 years ago and they were bad then, I can just imagine how much worse they are now with every company out there using them
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 4603

It sounds like a good model at first thought to a new industry entrant - hook up 100k leads into an auto dialer and let it fly. People will be stumbling over themselves to press 1 and your reps won't be able to handle the influx of people that want to talk to you. Mix it with the low cost and unfortunately almost every shop that opens up will try it out at some point in time.

The good news to that point is that nobody will ever get a person through that says anything except F Off, let alone actually fund a deal from their efforts so they all will stop doing it.

I think that actually could be a good gage as to how many new shops are opening up. As the press 1's we all get on a daily basis are likely some dope trying it out for the first time, only to have their get rich quick dreams crushed within hours.

Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    It sounds like a good model at first thought to a new industry entrant - hook up 100k leads into an auto dialer and let it fly. People will be stumbling over themselves to press 1 and your reps won't be able to handle the influx of people that want to talk to you. Mix it with the low cost and unfortunately almost every shop that opens up will try it out at some point in time.

The good news to that point is that nobody will ever get a person through that says anything except F Off, let alone actually fund a deal from their efforts so they all will stop doing it.

I think that actually could be a good gage as to how many new shops are opening up. As the press 1's we all get on a daily basis are likely some dope trying it out for the first time, only to have their get rich quick dreams crushed within hours.
    LOL. True. It takes capital these days to run a successful ISO. If you don't have inbound marketing or a team of callers on salary feeding you all day long, you won't make it far.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

All the international calling companies found an opportunity to make money. They sell, resell, sell-sell, then start over again with all these leads. Its only going to get worse because of the $$$ people are willing to pay for leads. I know of ISO shops who stopped closing deals and are now just selling bs leads. I dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    All the international calling companies found an opportunity to make money. They sell, resell, sell-sell, then start over again with all these leads. Its only going to get worse because of the $$$ people are willing to pay for leads. I know of ISO shops who stopped closing deals and are now just selling bs leads. I dont like it.
    It's safe to say that many of the jobs in this industry have been outsourced overseas or given to robots. Quicken Mortgage is making a huge play to automate the lending process through the "Rocket Mortgage" program, effectively cutting out the need for any loan officers. Uber is also making a big play to start pre-ordering driverless cars.

Where is everyone supposed to earn money?

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    It's safe to say that many of the jobs in this industry have been outsourced overseas or given to robots. Quicken Mortgage is making a huge play to automate the lending process through the "Rocket Mortgage" program, effectively cutting out the need for any loan officers. Uber is also making a big play to start pre-ordering driverless cars.

Where is everyone supposed to earn money?
    Ahh the old existential question of what to do with 8 billion people when technology and automation will replace majority of them, leaving many unemployed but also broke where they cannot buy the products and services that the companies that transitioned from human capital to tech are selling. Next 20-30 years will be an interesting time to be alive and see how it all plays out.

Member Reputation points: 1685

credit market collapse