Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Funny Crap We See

I told a client to send me his MTD, so the dumbass took PICTURES of his computer screen, from 5 feet away, and sent that over. What other ridiculous stuff have you people run across recently?

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

lol The picture thing I get that from time to time. I would have to say ridiculous is deceased merchants applying for MCA. I'm starting to believe in ghosts.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i get at least once a week a merchant who faxes or emails all blank pages

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i get at least once a week a merchant who faxes or emails all blank pages
    Yes but did you fund them? lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

I emailed a merchant an electronic application, instead of following the link in the email to complete the application, he printed the email I sent him, signed it, and then faxed it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    I emailed a merchant an electronic application, instead of following the link in the email to complete the application, he printed the email I sent him, signed it, and then faxed it to me.
    lol that's rich

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

YeezyFunder
    Tommy Stein

Just remembered one, how about the marketing mailers we sent out. I get calls from merchants trying to cash the pre-approved checks. "Can I cash this check for $140,000.00?" one tried cashing it at the bank and never called. He called me back angrily I can imagine the let down when he got to the bank. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    Just remembered one, how about the marketing mailers we sent out. I get calls from merchants trying to cash the pre-approved checks. "Can I cash this check for $140,000.00?" one tried cashing it at the bank and never called. He called me back angrily I can imagine the let down when he got to the bank. lmao
    The checks lol, are people still falling for those?

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    The checks lol, are people still falling for those?
    My dad just got one, apparently people are still falling for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    My dad just got one, apparently people are still falling for them.
    With the price of postage and the competition/saturation, the ROI and cost of acquisition has to be complete dog****.

Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

Funny Crap We See

Mail still has the best roi of anything as long as you target market and not just mail every business out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmundpannu View Post
    Mail still has the best roi of anything as long as you target market and not just mail every business out there.
    That's a bold statement. I'm sure there are others on here who will beg to differ. Long standing debate on DF...

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    I remember at my previous company we had the same campaign and people would call back. The most common merchant rebuttal was "wait what do you mean i have to own a business?"
    Michael Jagiello
    Director of Client Acquisitions
    Blue Granite Funding LLC
    mjagiello@bluegranitefunding.com
    1(718)873-6407 Cell
    1(917)791-8911 Fax

Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

Funny Crap We See

Mail is very tricky to run. I've been running mail since 2002. You have to be able to target your audience. That's why our loan sizes in the daily debit market are just a hair under $80k.

Member Reputation points: 1685

people that write leases for themselves on the day of funding are always fun

I received financials yesterday for a deal, the balance sheet is 100% wrong, I haven't taken an accounting class in years, but I realized in 3 seconds the merchant must have thrown it together himself.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Asked for a photo ID, they faxed it over and it came over completely illegible. I then suggested to the merchant to take a picture of her photo ID with her cell phone and either email or text it to me. 2 mins later I receive a selfie the merchant took of herself.

Member Reputation points: 1685

literally just had a guy say he was waiting until the end of the day to mail docs back because he was told to "overnight" it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I ve had some really good ones. One that sticks our is I told the merchant I needed originals (I provided him an Overnight FedEx Label) The merchant drove to our office to hand deliver. The problem is he brought copies.

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I swear this actually happened, I asked a merchant to send me rent checks, this was maybe 2 years ago.. He neglected to tell me he paid cash. What this genius does is take the $800 or so and put it on a copy machine, made a copy of the money and then faxed me the picture of the cash. You would think this story could not get more ridiculous but no it does. To get to the $800 or so that was his rent included $10 in quarters. I really wish I can find the picture.

Sean Murray, might need you to back me up on this one because the story is that ridiculous and you were there to see it
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I swear this actually happened, I asked a merchant to send me rent checks, this was maybe 2 years ago.. He neglected to tell me he paid cash. What this genius does is take the $800 or so and put it on a copy machine, made a copy of the money and then faxed me the picture of the cash. You would think this story could not get more ridiculous but no it does. To get to the $800 or so that was his rent included $10 in quarters. I really wish I can find the picture.

Sean Murray, might need you to back me up on this one because the story is that ridiculous and you were there to see it
    You win.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post

If Sean Backs this up, Im sending you a bottle of scotch for winning hands down

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    You win.
    this story is so ridiculous I could not make it up if I wanted to. I am not this creative
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com