Roofer with a mess- Attorney Told him to default Previous lender
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 6585

Roofer with a mess- Attorney Told him to default Previous lender

I just got a file and pretty sure its dead unless one of you have an idea. Florida based roofer who does over 3 million a year and had an advance with snap. They got into a dispute and his attorney told him to stop paying and let the court decide the balance. So he did - so he defaulted on Snap and then paid the court judgement.

Any ideas on how to get this funded?

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Which is worse? The scumbag merchant defaulting on obligations....or the broker trying to get them additional funding despite defaulting?

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by michaelh View Post
    I just got a file and pretty sure its dead unless one of you have an idea. Florida based roofer who does over 3 million a year and had an advance with snap. They got into a dispute and his attorney told him to stop paying and let the court decide the balance. So he did - so he defaulted on Snap and then paid the court judgement.

Get a real job.

So your saying that if a Funder and a customer have a legitimate contractual dispute that the Customer has no legal rights and must pay what the lender demands no matter what? How do you propose a contractual dispute is resolved?

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

So your saying that if a Funder and a customer have a legitimate contractual dispute that the Customer has no legal rights and must pay what the lender demands no matter what? How do you propose a contractual dispute is resolved?
    Not arguing that at all, but to try and get funding from someone else in the middle of all that?

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

he signed a contract agreeing to pay the a designated $ amount to the bank for the money that they gave him. What type of contractual dispute could there be that would negate the merchant obligation. Secondly even if the merchant was right most banks in the space would not take the risk lending unsecured money to a merchant who defaulted on another lender in the space no matter what the circumstances are. The risk far outweighs the reward
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    he signed a contract agreeing to pay the a designated $ amount to the bank for the money that they gave him. What type of contractual dispute could there be that would negate the merchant obligation. Secondly even if the merchant was right most banks in the space would not take the risk lending unsecured money to a merchant who defaulted on another lender in the space no matter what the circumstances are. The risk far outweighs the reward
    i had one where my merchant was 100% correct and the lender was being an idiot . regardless of that no one will want to touch it in till it went off his credit report . since then i have funded him 4 times and he is still paying back like a champ.

regardless of what i just said i fully agree that the risk outweighs the rewards because 9 out of ten times the lender is right

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

WBL can potentially fund this one. We are willing to look at other lenders' defaulted portfolios and help them recover their UPB.

Feel free and give me a call or email so I can take a look.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    WBL can potentially fund this one. We are willing to look at other lenders' defaulted portfolios and help them recover their UPB.

Feel free and give me a call or email so I can take a look.
    Zach, considering that you only fund people with real estate collateral, dont care about NSF's and existing balances, what does it take to decline a deal, based on the business aspect?

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

A+ Merchant
    Tommy Stein

Looks like he needs debt settlement and restructuring assistance. How much for the lead?

Well I closed this file based on all the comments and the Merchant just Emailed me saying Quarterspot funded him 139500 paying back 175 k with 1 year payments.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Well I closed this file based on all the comments and the Merchant just Emailed me saying Quarterspot funded him 139500 paying back 175 k with 1 year payments.
    Well, that's the last time you take advice from an internet forum! Lesson learned.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

The amazing thing is that anyone funded him!! Does this mean Quarterspot would fund a deal where a merchant defaulted on another funder, but paid in full?

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

This is why brokers come on here and look for places to fund tough deals. Ultimately, they look for a place where information about a default on another funding company "falls through the cracks."
    And to grosshop (get it?) off what Funder Mark asked, do you think QS knew about the situation with Snap and funded the deal anyway? Or simply, didn't do enough due diligence to uncover these skeletons (not trying to knock QS Underwriting)

Member Reputation points: 1685

you can't weigh a decision based on the lottery-style possibility that a lender will misread it and fund them anyway...shrug

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i wonder if snap can go after them for that

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i wonder if snap can go after them for that
    Ok I am confused what would snap go after? The Merchant paid Snap- from original post - he defaulted on Snap and then paid the court judgement.