100,000 leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

100,000 leads

Are there any companies who offer price cuts if I buy 100,000 leads a month? If so, do you think I can get them for $0.01 to $0.05 a lead?

Would entertain UCC and aged?

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

are you looking for leads or data, UCC is data leads are people actively looking?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

As sad as it sounds. My ISO's Claim UCC's are more like leads then data when it comes to ROI.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    are you looking for leads or data, UCC is data leads are people actively looking?
    I'm open to both although I think aged is preferable.

qualified actual leads are going to cost normally $35-$75 if not more. Even with the amount your talking about you will never get to the price you are mentioned above so I would think you are talking about data
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

qualified actual leads are going to cost normally $35-$75 if not more. Even with the amount your talking about you will never get to the price you are mentioned above so I would think you are talking about data
    That's funny because I have offers for aged data at $1.25 a lead. Unless you are talking about 5 day old data. I'm not really looking for that. I'll be happy with a year back. But like I said, I'm open to UCC's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    That's funny because I have offers for aged data at $1.25 a lead. Unless you are talking about 5 day old data. I'm not really looking for that. I'll be happy with a year back. But like I said, I'm open to UCC's as well.
    I am not talking about data at all I am talking about hot leads for people actively looking. You said leads this is what I think of when someone says leads.. I think that is one of the biggest misconceptions in this industry the difference between a lead and data
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Leads and Data are completely different...Youre right John there seems to be a misunderstanding about the difference between the two.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

A lead is a prospective customer who has shown interest in your product and has provided his contact information. Too many people on this forum don't realize the difference between a lead and an entry in a business directory. Leads are very expensive because they have much higher conversion rates than names on a list. You can't get real leads for $1.25 but you can probably get very stale data for that price.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 02-17-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Leads and Data are completely different...Youre right John there seems to be a misunderstanding about the difference between the two.
    yes leads get you first position deals, data gets you stacks. Leads cost more but have much higher return but are usually a harder close because the person generally has never heard of our product before. Data easier close but usually much lower return
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    A lead is a prospective customer who has shown interest in your product and has provided his contact information. Too many people on this forum don't realize the difference between a lead and an entry in a business directory. Leads are very expensive because they have much higher conversion rates than names on a list. You can't get real leads for $1.25 but you can probably get very stale data for that price.
    It's a matter of where you got your sales training. As a young buck I was taught that a lead is a name and a number. They don't know who you are and you don't know who they are. Once you call and they know you're name, they are now a contact. So it is what it is.

I was curious because your definition sounded pretty rigid and not normal wording and noticed that you just googled the definition then copied and pasted the response. Doesn't matter really. Just found it interesting.

Anyways,
    If I am not mistaken, aged data is nothing more than your definition of a lead (meaning they showed interest in the product) but the information is old. It's no longer "hot" or "right now". So doesn't that make data by definition "leads"??

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

It's a matter of where you got your sales training. As a young buck I was taught that a lead is a name and a number.
    By your definition, a phone book is full of leads. But anyone in sales will tell you that's not true.

And yes, the definition came from Google so I would think it's more legitimate than your definition.

Aged leads are not the same as aged data since data is too broad a term. You can buy aged leads for dirt cheap because the merchants most likely have been funded already or are no longer in the market for capital.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 02-17-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

100,000 "names and numbers" per month are not even worth a quarter of a penny each.

It's a matter of where you got your sales training. As a young buck I was taught that a lead is a name and a number. They don't know who you are and you don't know who they are. Once you call and they know you're name, they are now a contact. So it is what it is.

I was curious because your definition sounded pretty rigid and not normal wording and noticed that you just googled the definition then copied and pasted the response. Doesn't matter really. Just found it interesting.

Anyways,
    If I am not mistaken, aged data is nothing more than your definition of a lead (meaning they showed interest in the product) but the information is old. It's no longer "hot" or "right now". So doesn't that make data by definition "leads"??
    I think MCN's definition is technically correct but still very broad.. Definition of a lead in my opinion in regards to our industry is someone who has recently shown interest in financing and is actively looking to receive funding. If that is not the case then it is data. Once you are out past a week in age the value of the lead drops dramatically because if it is a fundable deal any closer who is even half decent should be able to get the deal done in that time, if the closer is good half that time
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

jotucker1983
    Well, the reality is that we can "label" things however we want, but from my personal research and experience you have data and then you have leads. Data is just business intelligence, it can be generic business intelligence such as a company's name, address, telephone number and their industry, which is a data record that you can pull off for free from just having a public library account. Then you have specialized business intelligence which includes not just a name, address, number and industry, but maybe a particular filing they did (such as a UCC filing).

Your job as a Sales Professional is to take the data (generic or specialized) and turn it into a sales pipeline by creating "leads". Leads will be the percentage of the data records that you market to that respond positively by expressing interest. So if you have 5,000 data records and convert 10% to a sales pipeline, that's the creation of 500 leads.

With that being said, you are not going to buy 100,000 leads and there's no such thing as "aged leads". The so called "aged leads" are just data records of people who requested financing awhile ago who more than likely are no longer looking for said financing and thus, the sales cycle is over. Not to say you can't create a sales pipeline from these so called "aged leads", but they are not leads, they are data.

I'm not the type of guy that does any type of self-promotion, but this article here would help provide more information on this topic:

http://debanked.com/2015/10/leads-vs...-youre-buying/
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 02-17-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Banned Reputation points: 17587

who cares, just dial.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    who cares, just dial.
    cant argue with that
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

cant argue with that
    lol I agree

Senior Member Reputation points: 203054

I read once a very good analogy describing Data and Leads on this forum once. I forgot who posted it. But said lets say you are looking for people who want to buy a car. A company sells you everyone in that state which has a drivers license...."data"..another company sells you everyone in that state who actually walked inside a auto dealership sales floor to look at cars.."lead"

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

You guys are awesome so I am going to throw an idea out there see if it helps anyone. I remember everyone would go after ON Deck UCC's when the industry got under way and everyone was looking for leads. Then ON Deck and others started hiding their names under Contemporary Services Corp. (CSC). What hit me the other day was when I first got into the industry GE Capital was a major player in Equipment leasing etc; No one followed these leads, I am pretty sure you can find 100k leads filed under UCC "GE Capital" no one has killed yet. *I would like to add I am looking to close Feb. 2016 strong I have about 4 million dollars to get out on the street. Please PM me I am looking to fund!
    Last edited by TheShitzuofMCA; 02-17-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    I just puked in my mouth a little...

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I kinda dig the hair.
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

100,000 small business owners excited to wake up every morning and go to work to receive endless daily calls about being eligible to receive capital!
    Tommy Stein

Quote Originally Posted by TStein View Post
    100,000 small business owners excited to wake up every morning and go to work to receive endless daily calls about being eligible to receive capital!
    'Tis the world we live in.