Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Why is this getting so personal. I happen to believe that John offers a wealth of knowledge and is one of the nicest people on the forum. Your criticisms of him aren't necessary. If you don't agree then that's fine, but personal insults aren't necessary.
    Andy,

I haven't been hitting back and have been taking hits so I decided to hit back. How dare he come here and publicly reprimand / scold me in the EVERYTHING ELSE section? Were his criticisms of an EVERYTHING ELSE post necc? If you don't care, just keep it moving. But something inside his gizzard impelled him to post.

He may be a bit jealous because prior to the ban Jay was able to turn the wealth of knowledge he gave away free here into CONSULTING $$$... Who else can say that on this forum?

Now, I'd warn you to just stop participating on threads I am in and stop communicating with me directly as I am inclined to start defending myself a bit more ardently. The high road eventually comes to a fork.

jotucker1983
    Yuliya,

Come on now, your comments are getting even more silly by the post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YuliyaG View Post
    John,

1. This is the everything else section. What does 'EVERYTHING ELSE' imply?

2. We are not concerned with the credibility thing. But I really appreciate your concern there. The only way to build credibility with most MCA brokers is to work for them for free.
    You should very well be concerned with the "credibility thing" because this forum comes up very high in search engines. Individuals and prospects looking up your company will see these silly threads which aren't good from a business development standpoint. It doesn't matter if there's an Everything Else section, you ought to be professional at all times.

3. Jay has not changed his pricing on $1,000 per hour for years and he has received that $1,000 per hour.

----------------------

Just because YOU don't assign a value to yourself where you'll charge $1,000 per hour and get it does not mean it can't be don.

Just because YOU can't send a funder a bill for tens of thousands of dollars and get it, doesn't mean it can't be done, and that it hasn't been done.
    Okay, but I'm on Jay's personal LinkedIn profile right now and correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though he didn't get paid selling merchant cash advances based on his summary? Is this correct? If so, what is he consulting people on for $1,000 per hour? I have individuals emailing me as well for information and I don't charge them hardly anything for assistance. $1,000 per hour is ludicrous, especially coming from a person that admittedly says he didn't close any merchant cash advance deals, why the hell is he a consultant? What is the basis of his consultation? That's like a guy calling himself a lawyer without passing the Bar for goodness sakes.

Just because YOU are not aware that you are operating in a space (industry) currently in a bubble poised to pop and rock brokers to the core, doesn't mean that the writing is not on the wall. John, what's your Plan B? Got a soft pillow to land on?
    Actually, I have been writing on the "future" of the broker for quite some time now. And yes, I have a Plan B, it's called a strong professional network, a good resume and capital, all three allow me to retrain into another industry. However, I do not see our industry going away, information technology disruption is going to continue regardless and our industry is on the leading forefront of that. I do see a lot of brokers who lack innovation being pushed out of the market though.

Just because YOU are more concerned with being liked, approachable, and in your public persona, doesn't mean there are people who can care less.
    Again, this comment makes no sense. It's one thing to state your mind in a way to not be "PC", but to not be "approachable" in a business based on relationship building is completely insane.

John, just keep being John. You're a perfect caricature of everything they wish Jay would be. Kudos.
    Are you Jay? You have referred to yourself as Jay before in a couple prior posts, if you are Jay, why are you hiding under a fake profile? Maybe you don't care seeing as though (according to you) "credibility" doesn't matter.

But can you tell me, what exactly is Jay fighting against and why in the hell should someone pay Jay $1,000 per hour to consult on a product that he never successfully sold? Come to think of it, I don't think the CEOs of many major funders/lenders demand $1,000 per hour to do an engagement, so why in the hell does Jay demand that when (according to him) he hasn't done anything?

Administrator Reputation points: 55342 admin's Avatar

Andy,

I haven't been hitting back and have been taking hits so I decided to hit back. How dare he come here and publicly reprimand / scold me in the EVERYTHING ELSE section? Were his criticisms of an EVERYTHING ELSE post necc? If you don't care, just keep it moving. But something inside his gizzard impelled him to post.

He may be a bit jealous because prior to the ban Jay was able to turn the wealth of knowledge he gave away free here into CONSULTING $$$... Who else can say that on this forum?

Now, I'd warn you to just stop participating on threads I am in and stop communicating with me directly as I am inclined to start defending myself a bit more ardently. The high road eventually comes to a fork.
    Yuliya AKA Jay, it seems like we are heading down a similar path you have been down before.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Is this going to become a daily thing on DramaFunder?
    Tommy Stein

John,

1. Credibility is not a concern when you're not offering any products to anyone in this space. Why would you be concerned with credibility if you're not selling anything? You don't quite seem to get that most common brokers don't have budgets to invest in the things we provide - unless they are in CA.

2. Self deprecation was used in the "didn't close any merchant cash advance deals." Thats the "assumption." We are just running with it. What percentage of deals basically close themselves? Did you think Buynance really got ZERO deals done? Come on...

3. Rather than writing on the future of the broker, you should be looking at the future of the economy. Do you have friends in banking? I do. Do you know that they are preparing for the greatest recession of our time? How does your plan combat / support that?

4. A real man would approach a real man - not communicate through a woman. You can e-mail Jay - PM me for his contact information. I'm sure you guys would hit it off.
    Last edited by YuliyaG; 02-18-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yuliya AKA Jay, it seems like we are heading down a similar path you have been down before.
    I'm really not sure how to interpret this. Can you PM me for clarification? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post

But can you tell me, what exactly is Jay fighting against and why in the hell should someone pay Jay $1,000 per hour to consult on a product that he never successfully sold? Come to think of it, I don't think the CEOs of many major funders/lenders demand $1,000 per hour to do an engagement, so why in the hell does Jay demand that when (according to him) he hasn't done anything?
    By the way, again, this is an instance where you are presented with evidence and want to resort to denial. It's flat out AMAZING. You resorted to denial when confronted with reality that some shops are automating like crazy. This level of automation made you so uncomfy that you denied it was being done in practice.

The profile shows there were at least two calls through the system (others where folks preferred to remain private) where folks paid $1,000 per hour.

Aside from these calls, he's been paid $5,000 PER DAY to help funders with things and tens of thousands more to help with other things for other funders.

I know that can be "shell shocking." "Who would pay that much?" "Why they would pay that much?" I get it. But when you know yourself and know your worth, you find it tough to budge on $1,000 per hour.

jotucker1983
    John,

1. Credibility is not a concern when you're not offering any products to anyone in this space. Why would you be concerned with credibility if you're not selling anything?
    I thought you just said that Jay was offering consultation for $1,000 an hour to individuals within the industry? Isn't that "selling" something?

2. Self deprecation was used in the "didn't close any merchant cash advance deals." Thats the "assumption." We are just running with it. What percentage of deals basically close themselves? Did you think Buynance really got ZERO deals done? Come on...
    Well, maybe you should tell Jay (if you aren't Jay) to update his LinkedIn profile, it doesn't "look right" is all I'm saying.

3. Rather than writing on the future of the broker, you should be looking at the future of the economy. Do you have friends in banking? I do. Do you know that they are preparing for the greatest recession of our time? How does your plan combat / support that?
    That's a completely different topic and would take pages to discuss. I'm open to doing so at a later date if you prefer "Yuliya G" or Jay?

4. A real man would approach a real man - not communicate through a woman. You can e-mail Jay - PM me for his contact information. I'm sure you guys would hit it off.
    Jay just emailed me lol. When Jay's "woman" is used as his spokesperson on an open discussion forum, then asking questions about "Jay" becomes relevant. I didn't bring up "Jay", his "woman" did. While we are on the topic of what a real man would do, why is Jay using his woman (or a fake profile that appears to be a woman) to speak for him instead of making posts on this forum representing himself?

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Big picture and funny topic as it pertains to this entire thread. I had people ask me about Jay and who he is for a few years now. I've never spoke down about him. I just think Jay is a horse of a different color... everyone just has their own hustle and who am I to judge- right? He has been compared to be the Yeezus of the MCA Industry way before this post and I think this thread is hilarious because of that.

Let's step out of MCAs for one moment and dig deal into persona and overall social perception of people who have "power". What may come off as arrogance to some, is normal to the person being judged. Some people chose to build their own individual identity and brand around the "knowledge" they have which can either provide growth long term or do as the saying "What goes up, must come down". Someone with power is supposed to pave a positive and innovative way for others. Some, like Kanye as of recently, have taken it way too far and decided to cross some lines which brought down his overall worth as person (respect wise- not only money).

Kanye West (I believe) is a good comparison to Jay as a person with his beliefs and whatever goals he is trying to obtain- but it is not accepted in other "worlds" so to say. Take Trump- people say he is a "great businessman" but horrible when it comes to communicating as a politician. Jay is a great mind but when a concept is trying to be portrayed it comes out like a whirlwind album of misused drugs and thoughts collided into something that, if not executed properly, crashes before it takes off.

I really don't understand the point of all of this and to me it is negative media hype to draw attention like what Kanye and his counterpart do. In the end, no one benefits and it's a tactic that is very old. In any other entertainment type of industry this would be okay. In an industry where (many) professionals are trying to create a standard and place the right people in the forefront- whether it is on a forum or any where else- this isn't acceptable even for the "everything else" section. It is bringing down the moral of this site and deBanked and goes against everything both sites stand for.

I can say I am one who has given and still gives free information all day and I make $$$ consulting and servicing. The best things in life are free and any of my mentors or professionals that I work with agree - Information is all in the way it is processed. At the end of the day, the relationships I made out of respect and transparency go way beyond how much I charge per hour to equal my worth.

This was in no way supposed to be insulting, but on behalf of maybe 99% of people on here... it's getting pretty old.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Big picture and funny topic as it pertains to this entire thread. I had people ask me about Jay and who he is for a few years now. I've never spoke down about him. I just think Jay is a horse of a different color... everyone just has their own hustle and who am I to judge- right? He has been compared to be the Yeezus of the MCA Industry way before this post and I think this thread is hilarious because of that.

Let's step out of MCAs for one moment and dig deal into persona and overall social perception of people who have "power". What may come off as arrogance to some, is normal to the person being judged. Some people chose to build their own individual identity and brand around the "knowledge" they have which can either provide growth long term or do as the saying "What goes up, must come down". Someone with power is supposed to pave a positive and innovative way for others. Some, like Kanye as of recently, have taken it way too far and decided to cross some lines which brought down his overall worth as person (respect wise- not only money).

Kanye West (I believe) is a good comparison to Jay as a person with his beliefs and whatever goals he is trying to obtain- but it is not accepted in other "worlds" so to say. Take Trump- people say he is a "great businessman" but horrible when it comes to communicating as a politician. Jay is a great mind but when a concept is trying to be portrayed it comes out like a whirlwind album of misused drugs and thoughts collided into something that, if not executed properly, crashes before it takes off.

I really don't understand the point of all of this and to me it is negative media hype to draw attention like what Kanye and his counterpart do. In the end, no one benefits and it's a tactic that is very old. In any other entertainment type of industry this would be okay. In an industry where (many) professionals are trying to create a standard and place the right people in the forefront- whether it is on a forum or any where else- this isn't acceptable even for the "everything else" section. It is bringing down the moral of this site and deBanked and goes against everything both sites stand for.

I can say I am one who has given and still gives free information all day and I make $$$ consulting and servicing. The best things in life are free and any of my mentors or professionals that I work with agree - Information is all in the way it is processed. At the end of the day, the relationships I made out of respect and transparency go way beyond how much I charge per hour to equal my worth.

This was in no way supposed to be insulting, but on behalf of maybe 99% of people on here... it's getting pretty old.

This is probably the most level headed post under this thread and I thank you for the dignified way in which you address this... This is me Yuliya talking my number is 716-908-7957...

Jay is an artist "at heart" and one of the most curious people I've met. He's also one of the most generous human beings I've met. There were guys who came to him hungry; he fed them. One of our brokers under the failed Buynance had a baby boy a day after signing the ISO agreement with us, Jay went into his wallet (not the company) to send the man a $100 gift card to help cover milk and diapers. That broker never produced a single file. Aside from that, he insisted on 45 day free trials to UCCFeed which turned out to be a disaster. I was hell bent against it. His rationale; "I need to earn their trust."

All that aside nothing he does is at face value. Using the information and feedback gathered from this thread and from replies in his e-mail campaign he developed and shipped a product on another platform where if you make a fool of yourself - that's it. If the product launches and fails, there is no coming back... Pressure. Today, that product is producing nearly 4 figures per day in revenue on a $100 day marketing spend... With room to double down. A zip file with nothing more than some text and a couple of scripts... Takes an artist to even dream up what he did and execute it I suppose. Takes an artist to come up with the intense organization and preparation necc to acquire so many Yeezys all the time...

Stand up comedians often bomb frequently while they are building their sets. Chris Rock is known to go out and stink up the joint in many comedy clubs. But, when it's time for the HBO special, he nails it. Bombing is part of the process... This part of a process... I think the material coming down the pipe is going to be the best work anyone in this space has produced. That's why every book he's written has been well received, reviewed, and has generated $1,000 hour phone calls.
    Last edited by YuliyaG; 02-18-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Andy,

I can say that. Guess you ain't the only one.

Member Reputation points: 686 CannonCap's Avatar

Let's Get This Yeasy Money - Together

Initially you would be able to gain some knowledge as well make a few good contacts on here, this has turned into a joke with idiots like this. Amazed that admin allows this nonsense.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    booom . i agree . still not convinced she hasn't been jay the whole time

I absolutely agree with you.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Jay just emailed me lol. When Jay's "woman" is used as his spokesperson on an open discussion forum, then asking questions about "Jay" becomes relevant. I didn't bring up "Jay", his "woman" did. While we are on the topic of what a real man would do, why is Jay using his woman (or a fake profile that appears to be a woman) to speak for him instead of making posts on this forum representing himself?

I have had Jay instantly email me on many occations after I have replied to one of YuliyaG's posts..
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com