Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Senior Member Reputation points: 4367

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    How do you know if you don't like their post without reading it first. I get what your saying tho
    We've read 1000 they've all been the same until this Kanye nonsense.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

If she was banned Jay would just create a new employee/partner and then a new profile on this forum.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    I am a conservative Republican, and I cant stand Trump, but that is besides the point. If you look at YuliyaG's posts, everyone disagrees with whatever she says, and nobody feels she is a constructive member of Daily Funder. THAT is why we want her off, because she has nothing beneficial to add here.
    This is just my take, but isn't moving to ban someone on what they are saying tantamount to censorship and forced compliance? "Say what we want or else?" Even if the posts that are business related are all loathed, this cannot be reason to preclude her from commenting. By doing so it becomes more than a simple opinion even if shared by the masses. It becomes censorship at it's worst and the start of a very slippery slope.

What if next time one of us are targeted simply based upon our thoughts? Who also decides what is "beneficial" to this forum? One man's trash is another's treasure after all.

The fact that she backs Trump or the fact that she may issue posts which some or all find pointless is not a valid reason. I firmly feel that the internet, this post included, can be a Petri dish for the old adage of "conform or else". I'm not saying I agree with anything she has said, but the dangerous purpose and undertones of this thread is concerning. Again, this is just my take and no offense or comment is targeted to anyone in particular.
    Ben Terner
    VP of ISO Relations
    Direct: 248-341-9789
    Email: bterner@cooperasset.com
    Web: www.cooperasset.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 2697

Ban YuliyaG

Yes

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PC Cooper View Post
    This is just my take, but isn't moving to ban someone on what they are saying tantamount to censorship and forced compliance? "Say what we want or else?" Even if the posts that are business related are all loathed, this cannot be reason to preclude her from commenting. By doing so it becomes more than a simple opinion even if shared by the masses. It becomes censorship at it's worst and the start of a very slippery slope.

What if next time one of us are targeted simply based upon our thoughts? Who also decides what is "beneficial" to this forum? One man's trash is another's treasure after all.

The fact that she backs Trump or the fact that she may issue posts which some or all find pointless is not a valid reason. I firmly feel that the internet, this post included, can be a Petri dish for the old adage of "conform or else". I'm not saying I agree with anything she has said, but the dangerous purpose and undertones of this thread is concerning. Again, this is just my take and no offense or comment is targeted to anyone in particular.
    I was not suggesting she be banned because people disagree with her. I have said things that other people have disagreed with. But when someone is widely held to be full of s**t, posts about things that have zero relevance to the industry like 'Yeezy Money', and is believed to be a front for someone who is banned on the website, THAT is who I suggested be banned.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

While I'm not a fan of censorship in any form I do find that there is a need for some sort of minimum requirement as far as members "legitimately augmenting" the community. If for whatever reason a member is considered to be a detriment or non augmentative to the forum then it is completely understandable to re-evaluate that members status on the forum.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    While I'm not a fan of censorship in any form I do find that there is a need for some sort of minimum requirement as far as members "legitimately augmenting" the community. If for whatever reason a member is considered to be a detriment or non augmentative to the forum then it is completely understandable to re-evaluate that members status on the forum.
    If we give them any of our time, would it be considered a tax write off?

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    I was not suggesting she be banned because people disagree with her. I have said things that other people have disagreed with. But when someone is widely held to be full of s**t, posts about things that have zero relevance to the industry like 'Yeezy Money', and is believed to be a front for someone who is banned on the website, THAT is who I suggested be banned.
    I was unaware of the mitigating circumstances...so I do see your point especially if a front for someone who is already banned.
    Ben Terner
    VP of ISO Relations
    Direct: 248-341-9789
    Email: bterner@cooperasset.com
    Web: www.cooperasset.com