Yellowstone on gothamist? Terrible for the industry!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Reputation points: 28

http://gothamist.com/2015/12/22/vide...r_room_sty.php

This is terrible news for the industry! Is the other guy at the end of the video talking Mr. Isaac Stern? It looks like him but he looked heavier back then.
    We don't need the negative press. We need to maintain a certain level of professionalism even though we are on the lower end of respected bankers in the finance industry.

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

Here we go again...old news man. This was 4 years ago, almost 5.

I love the sly insinuation you make too about the I Phone videographer.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

Why on earth is this "terrible news for the industry"? I don't see how this is an industry wide issue unless you were talking about the sales industry in general. It could have happened in any type of sales organization. Not just an MCA company.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Agreed. The guys at YSC are good at their jobs if nothing else and they fund deals. This is an internal issue and old news to boot. I'll be willing to bet the people on here acting like this video is a smoking gun are the ones who don't fund deals to begin with.

Senior Member Reputation points: 13325 isaacdstern's Avatar

its a very sad story...a good friend of ours who we trusted was brought in and was given a great position in underwriting...he betrayed our trust, took kickbacks and was fired...did Glass handle it poorly...absolutely...we were beyond destroyed emotionally on this one and felt extremely hurt....either way it was 4 years ago and we learned a very tough lesson on this one.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i do have to say most of us would have acted worse if someone stole money from us .
    i still cant remember which company had the video with the computer flying across room

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

oh great, gothamist... isaac be prepared to be flooded with resumes from mid western - williamsburg transplants.

i will never understand the red and yellow paint scheme? is someone a serious die hard florida state fan or something?
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

http://nypost.com/2015/12/22/video-c...public-firing/

The Post remixed the video and added music. Interestingly the video now no longer shows Isaac ranting at the end of it. My bet is is that Isaac was behind the Post article as a way to push out Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by cash advance funder View Post

The Post remixed the video and added music. Interestingly the video now no longer shows Isaac ranting at the end of it. My bet is is that Isaac was behind the Post article as a way to push out Glass.
    oooh snnnap

Quote Originally Posted by cash advance funder View Post

Obviously someone with an axe to grind and trying to bad mouth Yellowstone

Does someone's ex-girlfriend work at the NY Post?

Wow, just took it to a whole new level.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Wow, just took it to a whole new level.
    The lack of human decency with regards to these posts is astounding.

Banned Reputation points: 42

Isaac,

Can you comment on this?

Senior Member Reputation points: 13325 isaacdstern's Avatar

Happy holidays everyone

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdstern View Post
    Happy holidays everyone
    THANK YOU Isaac!!! Can we all please move on from bashing Yellowstone? Some people love them, others do not, but bringing up things like this does not help anyone.

Yes, Merry Christmas.

What was that line that the kid in "home Alone" says? Something to the effect of "Merry Christmas yah filthy animal (Bang Bang Bang) and Happy New Year!"

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

The amount of hating going on is astounding. As far as I'm concerned, yellowstone funds deals that many others cant, they pay exactly how much they say they will, exactly when they say they will. Don't think you can ask for much more than that. Get out of your mothers basement and find something productive to do with your time rather than sitting on a forum bashing someone.

sean
    i think you need to mail everyone some eggnog or gingerbread men to get everyone in the holiday spirit

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    The amount of hating going on is astounding. As far as I'm concerned, yellowstone funds deals that many others cant, they pay exactly how much they say they will, exactly when they say they will. Don't think you can ask for much more than that. Get out of your mothers basement and find something productive to do with your time rather than sitting on a forum bashing someone.
    First of all, my mother worked very hard on making the basement comfortable for me and my company, which consists of me, my laptop, an a stuffed teddy bear I call "Marge". Secondly, bashing people is a lot easier than calling merchants. They can be scary.

That sounds like a B.A. Basement my man! My mom has been trying to convince me to move home for 11 years now....it would be sweet, Me, my wife, our kid, and good ol mom in the mix!

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    sean
    i think you need to mail everyone some eggnog or gingerbread men to get everyone in the holiday spirit
    gingbread.jpg

In 2016, I hope some people redirect their energy toward coming up with new ideas to help small business instead of fighting each other. No more stealing deals, no more quitting your job to start a new ISO with your previous employer's leads, no more suing each other, no more gmail funders, no more silly dishing on people you don't like to the press, no more casting profitable companies as villains just because your own model doesn't work, no more doing stupid business because you think you're too small too matter, no more talking to Bloomberg reporters thinking that they're going to do a nice story about you (because they won't), and no more time spent hating your competitors.

Everyone shares the same goal of helping customers. Think about that and that alone in 2016.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    gingbread.jpg

In 2016, I hope some people redirect their energy toward coming up with new ideas to help small business instead of fighting each other. No more stealing deals, no more quitting your job to start a new ISO with your previous employer's leads, no more suing each other, no more gmail funders, no more silly dishing on people you don't like to the press, no more casting profitable companies as villains just because your own model doesn't work, no more doing stupid business because you think you're too small too matter, no more talking to Bloomberg reporters thinking that they're going to do a nice story about you (because they won't), and no more time spent hating your competitors.

Everyone shares the same goal of helping customers. Think about that and that alone in 2016.
    LOL, at least we can all agree that the bloomberg piece was, as good old donald like to say, a "schlonging"

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    gingbread.jpg

Well said Sean. May everyone get their fill of egg nog (and Brandy if that's your thing).

And in the words on Zig Ziglar, "“You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”

Here's to a prosperous 2016 everyone!
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html