Star Wars

Yeah it was definitely an awesome movie
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I am actually starting to believe all the reports that this movie will gross a billion dollars. I have heard stories of people inquiring about how to get a private screening for their friends etc. People seem to go nuts for Star Wars

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Its going to make more then a billion, and when you add in merchandise, its going to make close to 2 billion.

I was referencing only Ticket sales, need to keep in mind that it wont be released in China until January 9th. China is the second largest market for movie sales.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Considering it only cost $200M to make, I'd say the ROI is legendary (not counting the 4B that Disney paid to acquire the franchise).

Yah but that ROI is looking sweet when you take in the merchandising and that they'll make another couple of these films

Zach, you're out of control

Great Flick. Saw over the week.

Im going again soon...feel like I missed a bunch of things the first time just staring at the screen in a state of bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan mcglynn View Post
    great flick. Saw over the week.
    lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Not sure if this was intentional **SPOILER ALERT***, but wasn't it very much like Empire Strikes Back? My guess is its on purpose to introduce a new generation to the franchise, in any event I liked Point Break and Daddy's Home WAYYY better!

Quote Originally Posted by FCF Fund View Post
    Not sure if this was intentional **SPOILER ALERT***, but wasn't it very much like Empire Strikes Back? My guess is its on purpose to introduce a new generation to the franchise, in any event I liked Point Break and Daddy's Home WAYYY better!
    Disagree. I found it to be a refreshing departure from those terrible films with Jar Jar the Racist and Hayden "Cant Act" Christensen who had the worst "romantic chemistry" ever with The chick with the bad makeup from Naboo.

Veteran Reputation points: 158919 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Im going again soon...feel like I missed a bunch of things the first time just staring at the screen in a state of bliss.
    agree I want to see second time to see if I missed anything
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

I enjoyed it, but it came across as shallow. Nothing really new, nothing really changed, it was good, but nothing epic, like the originals.

Funny story, a friend watched it over the weekend. When he saw me later, he said 'May the force be with you'. I replied back 'Live long and prosper'.

Love it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Disagree. I found it to be a refreshing departure from those terrible films with Jar Jar the Racist and Hayden "Cant Act" Christensen who had the worst "romantic chemistry" ever with The chick with the bad makeup from Naboo.
    finally saw it and it was very similar to the 3rd and 4th one and definitely way better then the first 3 that came out last 3 .
    My only issue is i have so many questions that wont get answered for another 2 years

^^I was saying to a buddy last night that the movie I really wanted to see is the one after this one.

^^I was saying to a buddy last night that the movie I really wanted to see is the one after this one.
    exactly . side note i went to an amc with the big chairs and don't think i can ever go back to a regular theater again

Quote Originally Posted by michael i View Post
    exactly . Side note i went to an amc with the big chairs and don't think i can ever go back to a regular theater again
    love those chairs!!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

I thought it was the worst Star Wars movie out of all of them. I was quite disappointed by all the hype.

*Edit: I would like to expand on why but obviously that would come with spoilers.
    Last edited by bsmith; 01-04-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
    I thought it was the worst Star Wars movie out of all of them. I was quite disappointed by all the hype.
    Felt the same way. Ford was there for the easy money, and without Lucas and Spielberg, what you are left with is a cheap Star Wars knockoff.

As soon as the pilot busted out that joke about "How does this work? Do I talk first, or do you?" in the opening scene when captured by Kylo Ren, I knew I was in for a long 2 hours.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Felt the same way. Ford was there for the easy money, and without Lucas and Spielberg, what you are left with is a cheap Star Wars knockoff.

As soon as the pilot busted out that joke about "How does this work? Do I talk first, or do you?" in the opening scene when captured by Kylo Ren, I knew I was in for a long 2 hours.
    Yeah pretty much a copycat of the earlier movies, not to mention how the two main characters seem to have a habit of mastering skills in 10 seconds or less. I will admit that the marketing and media did an excellent job though, it amazes me how much money they made on a movie that wasn't even that good other than special effects which weren't even impressive compared to other movies in their prime.

Anyone notice how many copies there are? The 'Empire' is looking for a droid, it gets found by a young lonely person on a desert planet who has no choice but to leave with the droid, there is a climatic moment with a mentor confronting the former protegee in a dark narrow place, the old person lowers their guard and is killed, if anyone losses their hand in the next movie I will not watch the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    Anyone notice how many copies there are? The 'Empire' is looking for a droid, it gets found by a young lonely person on a desert planet who has no choice but to leave with the droid, there is a climatic moment with a mentor confronting the former protegee in a dark narrow place, the old person lowers their guard and is killed, if anyone losses their hand in the next movie I will not watch the third.
    you forgot the death star .and they even pointed it out and said no its bigger