what are your renewal rates on different types of deals-A to D paper
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

What % of merchants renew their funding and what % renew with the same broker or lender. I would like to get feedback on A paper as well as B,C,D,E. First position to 5th position, what is an average renewal rate? I know this fluctuates wildly depending on program, rate, fees sales person etc but would love to get feedback on overall averages from large companies to independent 1 man shops for research purposes. Thanks so much in advance.
    Last edited by happysales; 12-04-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: wanted to make my question clearer.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Most companies that pay you well first time around get you on the rewenal and pay either like 5 points or only on the net . This is especially true with the a lenders

Thanks Michael. I am actually looking at the customer base also. What % renew and what % renew with same lender broker.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Oh wow with stacking these days .its becoming less and less with same lender .
    Direct lenders are probably best to answer this one

There are so many variables it's impossible to really answer this. Type of paper, type of marketing and sales floor, both funder and brokers initial handling of the deal and follow up to make share they get the renewal etc ext. any answer you get here wouldn't be very accurate without knowing all that stuff based on who provided the answer and what kind of shop they run

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

Agreed with funda21 that it is hard to break down the answer on the level of detail requested. As a direct lender, I can tell you that 30% - 50% of my clients come back looking for more money. As long as they are remaining strong, we fund again. And again and again. Not sure how to rate "my paper" though. What I would consider A paper somebody else would not. Not a scientific answer but hope it helps a little.

I think it has been about 30-50% renewal rate up until very recently if the merchant has been treated well and put into the right program, but with so many companies stacking and new products coming out all the time this seems to be decreasing...I don't think there is a scientific answer because of all the variables, but I appreciate all the input.