Coincidental deals - small world, or small industry?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

Coincidental deals - small world, or small industry?

Every now and again I come across deals that I can somehow relate to and it's somewhat awkward because it makes me wonder how small and tight-knit the industry actually is.

Yesterday got a deal for a supermarket in Brooklyn, same zip code as where I live so I google map it - it's the market right across the street from my building where I shop all the time. So weird how it landed on my desk, through a sales company in Miami.

Today I was looking through bank statements and saw that the merchant I was reviewing purchases supplies from another merchant I funded a few weeks ago. Wasn't a deal where one merchant referred the other to a MCA, just pure coincidence.

I know the small business industry isn't THAT small, but these types of things really open my eyes to how intertwined we all are.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

You got your own little "Credit Bubble" going on there.

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Hence the reason why it is ever so important to do a good job and be respectful to ALL prospects, even if you can't help them. Someday, somewhere, somehow, they or a related opportunity will wind up on your desk.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

this only proves how much money we're leaving on the table when we don't ask our local business owners who we know and frequent on a daily basis if they need any cash

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

i had a deal that when i sent the contract to the merchant he asked me if he needs to fax this to me or can i go down 2 flights to give it straight to the lender .

Senior Member Reputation points: 50566 ADiamond's Avatar

just had another deal, a restaurant that orders fish from a fisheries deal i had a few weeks back... so weird
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    Every now and again I come across deals that I can somehow relate to and it's somewhat awkward because it makes me wonder how small and tight-knit the industry actually is.

Yesterday got a deal for a supermarket in Brooklyn, same zip code as where I live so I google map it - it's the market right across the street from my building where I shop all the time. So weird how it landed on my desk, through a sales company in Miami.

Today I was looking through bank statements and saw that the merchant I was reviewing purchases supplies from another merchant I funded a few weeks ago. Wasn't a deal where one merchant referred the other to a MCA, just pure coincidence.

I know the small business industry isn't THAT small, but these types of things really open my eyes to how intertwined we all are.
    *Furiously Googles ADiamond's exact location and then cold calls every supermarket within a quarter mile...