Telemarketing is a special selling challenge. In most cases, the seller wants to close by the end of the call. This is different from the call a seller makes to get an appointment . The telemarketing call is a call that is aimed toward a specific and immediate decision or action from the prospect. A caller or seller has about five seconds or less to give the call a chance of being successful. In that time, he or she must use the right words and deliver them in the right way to give the call life. The words that are said must move the prospect toward a series of actions, each of which gets closer to the end goal of the call. When you analyze a good script, you should be able to see specific phrases to help you do the following:

Prevent a hang-up
Build rapport
Get an action

A well-engineered and delivered script can make a substantial difference, as you can see from the sample before/after project results below:

Increased sales: 1.1/hour to 1.7 hour (with NLP-assisted script)
Increases sales: .9/hour to 1.4 hour (with NLP-assisted script)
Increased conversions of accounts: 55-74% to 80-85% (with NLP-assisted script)

Dr. Duane Lakin is a fellow psychologist who has an education website www.sellwithnlp.com He called me this morning to tell me he has a few openings left for his September 15-16 workshop in NYC.
Take a look at his website. I think you will find it very enlightening