Today marks the second day in a row I've had a teammate over rule a decision I have made.

Rather than to "put my foot down" - I caved. To have people that passionate about a brainfart I conceived of, and now am turning into a biz - is comforting. They care. That's important. It's not just a paycheck - it's a mission.

If they had just followed my instructions, my company would be weaker for it.

My "consigliere" is a Harvard trained lawyer, my accountant is rock solid friend of 16 years. Pedigreed. She made her first million before me and is still kind enough to help her "big brother" out. My chief of design has designed apps for Amazon, and the like. My first "pit boss" is a Dominican Jew - all of 25 who understands the nuance in sales psychology like I've never seen of anyone his age. Can't wait to give him the reins.

My product "consultant" owns a bar / restaurant I was too young to drink at when I started going there. So inasmuch as our lead gen will be direct mail with gorgeous visuals - he laughed at me when I brought my first piece of gorgeous postcard trash.

He Grabbed a pen and marked all over it. Every point he made was right. I implanted most of them.

What we are shipping is something I'm more than happy to invest a considerable sum into. Scared money don't make money.

This thing of ours will never work without a solid team. In Silicon Valley - they bet the jockey not the horse. My team had no horse, I had and have no horse to show for - so to speak. But after today I realize that my horse is my team. A horse must listen to its jockey and vice versa. You don't win the Derby unless that trust between horse and jockey is there. A horses sheer ability is only part of the race. A jockeys ability is only a part. There must be symbiosis in order to win the Derby and ultimately triple crown.

Who is on your team? Is there anyone in your inner circle who is smarter than you? If there is not one person on your team that is smarter than you - find some, fast.