Considering Purchasing The National Database
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Considering Purchasing The National Database

Hello All,

I am considering purchasing the national database of small businesses and using them in a press 1 or auto dialer. Would that be a good idea?
    If so how much do you think they are worth?

Thank you

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

You'd be better off purchasing a more targeted list

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

sounds like a collosal waste of money & tons of time removing the thousands upon thousands of angry merchants & placing them on DNC list

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

True. Why pay for information that you can get for free from the internet?

True, what type of leads would you guys suggest?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quality data lists are the secret sauce behind press 1 and dialer campaigns. You need to hook up with a really sharp provider and be willing to pay a premium for good data.

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Seger View Post
    Depends what products you plan on selling. Who are your partners and what types of deals do they look for? Post your phone number or e-mail on here and you'll get at least 10 offers to buy leads by tomorrow morning.

Veteran Reputation points: 135029 Chambo's Avatar

The kind I am not calling

jotucker1983
    Hello All,

I am considering purchasing the national database of small businesses and using them in a press 1 or auto dialer. Would that be a good idea?
    If so how much do you think they are worth?

Thank you
    Brandon,

Only you can answer this question, coming on a forum full of your competition with Strategic Planning questions isn't going to help you that much buddy lol. But I will give you some tips:

#1.) How much will it cost to purchase this National Database? Are you buying it from a reputable provider that actually does their own data compiling (like InfoGroup) or are you buying it from a 3rd party "lead provider" that has various downloadable marketing packages such as, "15 Million US Business Listings"? I ask because the forecast on ANY DATA is based on the accuracy of such data. If you are buying bad data, expect bad results.

#2.) Why do you think it would be better to random target "everybody" rather than to focus on "somebody"?

#3.) How much will it cost to run your "press 1" auto dialer campaign to all of those companies like that? You mentioned a National Database which I'm going to assume you would have at least 5 million companies on there, so you have to be talking at least $20,000? $40,000? Do YOU think you can get an ROI out of this? I mean after all, it's a random automated call and you might not even get the decision maker on the phone during the automation for participation in the sequence.

These are questions that you have to answer for your own office, I would use Forums like these for generic industry conversations but I wouldn't use them Brandon for Strategic Planning. If something actually "works" and produces profitable results, why would your competitor want to tell you about it?
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 04-08-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

It sounds so simple, "purchase a national database, put them in a press 1 campaign, and bingo money will be rolling in".

I wish it was that simple. You are better off using them in a dialer and speaking with them directly. If the owners always answered the press 1 campaign, then fine but 99.99% of the phone calls are answered (and hung up) by a receptionist or an employee.

How much are you purchasing this national database for? Why not sign up with a subscription such as info usa or sales genie and pull a targeted industry you will have much better results.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    sounds like a collosal waste of money & tons of time removing the thousands upon thousands of angry merchants & placing them on DNC list
    There is no do not call list for businesses.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    There is no do not call list for businesses.
    no, there is not, but the marjority of the people who press 1 ask to be removed from your calling list. And if you are paying for each live transfer, you need to keep track of all the nonsense and keep getting interrupted by these people cursing you out all day.

Live one on one phone calls work the best, but not everyone is able to do that. The ones who have what it takes are doing very well.