So what are the best business types to call if you do not have the owners name?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

So what are the best business types to call if you do not have the owners name?

Thank you!

Senior Member Reputation points: 30475 Zach's Avatar

The best business type to call in that case, would be a data company.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

That's right so give me a call
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

That's pretty funny (and true) right there.

We can append Business Owner Name or you can just buy a fresh batch of Business Loan Triggers with the Business Owner's name.
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Call business owners that are likely to be standing near the phone /liquor stores/optical stores/auto repair/florists and please be creative to get owner on the phone...when its not the owner be like do you do weddings? oh you do!! is the owner in?

sign-up...when you get files B/C/D hard to fund and want double digit commissions...
    http://cresthillcapital.com/index.html#iso

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

We actually phone verify every business in our database up to 4+ times a year. Since we are a data compiler and not a reseller we can target a list based on the last time we called that business and owner contact names only as well as a list of industries that your industry likes to service. However some of the industries you like to service like liquor stores and florists that were mentioned above are more likely to have a manager there and not an owner. But we would still have the owners name for that business.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Give me a text pad with 100 random business phone numbers, and nothing else, and in under 3 hours, I'll have 20 business owners with full name, email, and fax, and I'll know how much at least 5 are looking for in funding.

It's all about the script you use, ....and it is a transferable skill, you don't have to be a rock star to do it. I have non-americans doing it now.

anybody have a good sample script ? if so email rudyj911gmail.com

Banned Reputation points: 10

The best source for owners name would be salesgenie/yellow pages,Hoovers and Manta and Google maps in my opinion.
    Last edited by Roiberto; 02-22-2015 at 01:24 AM. Reason: extra resorces

What type of script are you looking for?

What type of script are you looking for?
    "anybody have a good sample script ? if so email rudyj911gmail.com"

What is the cheapest, or is there a free way to get a list of ALL businesses in the US with their name, address, and ideally NAICS code. I would be very happy with their name and address but even if I could only get their names that alone would be very helpful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Give me a text pad with 100 random business phone numbers, and nothing else, and in under 3 hours, I'll have 20 business owners with full name, email, and fax, and I'll know how much at least 5 are looking for in funding.

It's all about the script you use, ....and it is a transferable skill, you don't have to be a rock star to do it. I have non-americans doing it now.
    You get 5 leads for every 100 dials you make? That must be one phenomenal script. Are you serious, or just exaggerating? I really would like to know.

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    You get 5 leads for every 100 dials you make? That must be one phenomenal script. Are you serious, or just exaggerating? I really would like to know.
    5 leads for every 100 dials is not that impressive. 5 docs, sure, good job bud, now close them. "Lead" is a relative term. When you are pitching something you can't deliver to the merchant, you can get 5 owners who are "looking for funding" out of every 6 calls lol.

It is incredibly unlikely that over-seas callers are booking 5 viable leads per 100 dials though. Mine are personally trained, know the market, and still don't come anywhere close to those numbers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    5 leads for every 100 dials is not that impressive. 5 docs, sure, good job bud, now close them. "Lead" is a relative term. When you are pitching something you can't deliver to the merchant, you can get 5 owners who are "looking for funding" out of every 6 calls lol.

It is incredibly unlikely that over-seas callers are booking 5 viable leads per 100 dials though. Mine are personally trained, know the market, and still don't come anywhere close to those numbers.
    Exactly. Our definition of a "lead" meets all of the following criteria:

1. Prospect is in need of funding in immediate future (< 10 business days )

2. Prospect meets the minimum criteria required for the funding programs we offer.

3. Prospect is reasonable in the amount of funding they are seeking ($300K annual revenues seeking $250K in funding is not classified as a lead).

4. Prospect has a specific need for funding. ("I just want to have some cash on hand", for example, is not a viable lead).

5. Prospect is willing to answer general questions about his business and his plan for the use of funds.

6. Prospect is realistic about the rate and term of funding they are seeking (demanding 3% over five years with quarterly payments, again, not a lead).

7. Overall the needs and wants of the client have to make sense, and there must be a foreseeable, reasonable chance that the prospect will submit an application and entertain an offer.

Without all of these conditions being met, you have nothing but a bunch of hot air and wasted time, and you certainly aren't talking to a 'lead'.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Those would be solid leads. I see a TON deals that don't meet 3&4 and it is just time wasted all around.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

The main issue that I have with this definition of a "lead" (the way it's currently stated) is that no one here actually believes it.

Just like a girl saying I want a man that's sweet and makes me laugh, then always falling for the tough guy that's dangerous and makes her cry. It's what people do that determines their beliefs, not simply what they say.

You can look at previous forum posts to prove this.

--
    If I say I know a restaurant owner with 2 locations, one doing 80K in mthly sales, not sure about the other, who's looking for money for marketing, to add a bar, secure liquor license, and one or two other things. He went to Chase bank and was declined.

Just give him a call, say you were referred, and he'll be open to a discussion.
    --

Based on the information given, nothing indicates this "lead" meets any of the requirements as defined above, except for #4, and there's a good chance he will be the opposite of everything stated above, yet anyone who receives this "lead" will be on the phone with him in 60 seconds. Which means they do believe it's a real lead.

That is what a lead is...[information] pertaining to an opportunity to gain a potential customer.

All those other details come out only in discovery after the lead is being worked, and by then he becomes either a working opportunity or a non-prospect (and even then most prudent funders will still repeatedly follow up with this merchant) just to see if his situation or perspective has changed, which they usually do, so with that example, this person is STILL a potential lead, even after clearly indicating he doesn't meet the aforementioned criteria.

2. Prospect meets the minimum criteria required for the funding programs we offer.

3. Prospect is reasonable in the amount of funding they are seeking ($300K annual revenues seeking $250K in funding is not classified as a lead).

4. Prospect has a specific need for funding. ("I just want to have some cash on hand", for example, is not a viable lead).

5. Prospect is willing to answer general questions about his business and his plan for the use of funds.

6. Prospect is realistic about the rate and term of funding they are seeking (demanding 3% over five years with quarterly payments, again, not a lead).

7. Overall the needs and wants of the client have to make sense, and there must be a foreseeable, reasonable chance that the prospect will submit an application and entertain an offer.

Without all of these conditions being met, you have nothing but a bunch of hot air and wasted time, and you certainly aren't talking to a 'lead'.

Love this!