Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 1072 SupremeCapitalGroupinc's Avatar

To much complaining on here!

Why complain about brokers or isos when you can focus on running your business. Try to build a brand or focus on your marketing instead of giving your opinion about the industry,brokers and iso's like you need to know how to build a rocket ship to make money in this business.

All I'm saying is its better to keep helping people and getting a kickback instead of demeaning or trolling someone on here.

"Great men don't build great companies. Great men build great men who build great companies"

Member Reputation points: 27 CherylSuperior's Avatar

Agreed
    Cheryl Tibbs
    Superior Capital
    ISO Account Manager
    Direct: 678-435-9743
    Fax: 817-665-3819

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

I enjoy an occasional vent... a long drawn out complaint is unnecessary.

What people don't realize is that when they vent or complain about a situation, someone is behind the scenes taking that problem and fixing it. So to those who vent, thank you for pointing out the wrongs so errors can be fixed on their end.

Please remember though,Half of the issues are self inflicted because you didn't think things through. Nothing will be fixed on your end until you find a way to fix and prevent problems on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    I enjoy an occasional vent... a long drawn out complaint is unnecessary.

What people don't realize is that when they vent or complain about a situation, someone is behind the scenes taking that problem and fixing it. So to those who vent, thank you for pointing out the wrongs so errors can be fixed on their end.

Please remember though,Half of the issues are self inflicted because you didn't think things through. Nothing will be fixed on your end until you find a way to fix and prevent problems on your own.
    I agree with what your saying. That falls under what I said about helping others. This is for those who complain and spend to much time on here worried about new iso's and brokers. Venting is normal we all do it but the complaints now Wow...

Sponsor Reputation points: 126 freddy's Avatar

There is a lot of *****ing and moaning because there are a lot of people in this industry who continue to go for selfish easy money by stacking - over and over again.
    9th position - they are proud of that and even advertise the fact that they have a merchant who has 9 cash advances at once.
    We have the chance to make a lot of money by helping businesses succeed - its easy to supply an addict with the drugs they need - but they will be short term customers.

There is the choice of right and wrong - the wrong choice is usually the easiest choice and it comes with only short term rewards.

Hence the complaining and whining.
    Freddy Zalta
    President
    Cash Crunch Advance, LLC
    Direct 1-888-275-1090
    freddy@cashcrunchadvance.com

Veteran Reputation points: 157541 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I think the *****ing and the moaning comes from having a large group of people who all work in the same industry, yet all look at the industry differently. You have people who have been in the industry for a long time who look at stacking as a problem and then you have a group of people who came into the industry later and see stacking as the norm. Both groups are on this forum and see others posting things that are contrary to what they believe. That is why there is *****ing, the problem lies in the fact that no matter what anyone says there is no way to prove who is in the right when you have banks that stack as well as banks that refuse to deal with any kind of stacking. Until there is consistency across the board from everyone on what is allowed and what is not you will have people *****ing about what other people do
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I think the *****ing and the moaning comes from having a large group of people who all work in the same industry, yet all look at the industry differently. You have people who have been in the industry for a long time who look at stacking as a problem and then you have a group of people who came into the industry later and see stacking as the norm. Both groups are on this forum and see others posting things that are contrary to what they believe. That is why there is *****ing, the problem lies in the fact that no matter what anyone says there is no way to prove who is in the right when you have banks that stack as well as banks that refuse to deal with any kind of stacking. Until there is consistency across the board from everyone on what is allowed and what is not you will have people *****ing about what other people do

Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    There is a lot of *****ing and moaning because there are a lot of people in this industry who continue to go for selfish easy money by stacking - over and over again.
    9th position - they are proud of that and even advertise the fact that they have a merchant who has 9 cash advances at once.
    We have the chance to make a lot of money by helping businesses succeed - its easy to supply an addict with the drugs they need - but they will be short term customers.

There is the choice of right and wrong - the wrong choice is usually the easiest choice and it comes with only short term rewards.

Hence the complaining and whining.

You are right also. Love the response this thread is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeCapitalGroupinc View Post
    Why complain about brokers or isos when you can focus on running your business. Try to build a brand or focus on your marketing instead of giving your opinion about the industry,brokers and iso's like you need to know how to build a rocket ship to make money in this business.

All I'm saying is its better to keep helping people and getting a kickback instead of demeaning or trolling someone on here. "
    maybe u can stop complaining about other people complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperchaser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeCapitalGroupinc View Post

All I'm saying is its better to keep helping people and getting a kickback instead of demeaning or trolling someone on here. "
    maybe u can stop complaining about other people complaining?
    Or maybe you can make some real money so you won't have time to troll everyone behind your computer!
    Last edited by SupremeCapitalGroupinc; 02-03-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3824

There's a a lot of sandy vags on this site. It used to be so great for networking....what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by anydealfunded View Post
    There's a a lot of sandy vags on this site. It used to be so great for networking....what happened?
    That's what I'm saying.. Makes me want to go into my Cpanel and create a fourm myself. Nothing but respect for Sean but this fourm should be cleaned up.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

This forum hosts a wild dynamic. On the one end you have users who oversee more than $100 million a year in deal flow and on the other users looking to make ends meet by setting up a one-man ISO in their moms' basements. I say this quite literally.

High marketing costs have no doubt contributed to a lot of the grudges we see voiced here. There is incredible amount of overlap experienced on deals. I am actually surprised there is not more complaining on here!

Some words of wisdom to avoid having a bad experience:

• If you can't afford a lawyer, don't be a funder. This is a litigious business and despite the myth that commercial financing is unregulated, there are plenty of ancillary laws to adhere to. States, FTC, OCC, IRS.
    • Have a lawyer review your contracts (merchant agreements, ISO agreements, syndication agreements, etc.) If you can't afford one or don't want to take the time to do it, this business might not be for you.
    • Don't send your deal to someone with a free email address (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.).
    • Dont send your deal to some random company just because they posted something on the forum, LinkedIn, or somewhere else. Check them out on Google, ask other forum members to vouch for them. Be extremely smart and overly diligent about it.
    • This is not a get rich quick business or industry. You can lose money funding and syndicating. You can technically also lose money brokering on commission clawbacks for deals that go bad right away.
    • Leads are expensive. Do not launch an ISO with only 2 grand in the bank. (I've written about this before :-] )
    • Learn to generate your own leads and you will save yourself a lot of stress down the road.
    • A wise man once told me it is better to build a book of business and a long lasting passive income than to grind it out for a quick buck month after month. What's your strategy?
    • You will lose deals, commissions, arguments, and occasionally your mind. Accept your losses when they happen and focus on the next deal.
    • Use appropriate language. A company that buys future revenues is not a lender and their financial transactions are not loans. Loans have noticeable things like interest rates and fixed terms. Make sure you know which one you're talking about at any given time.
    Last edited by Sean Cash; 02-04-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    This forum hosts a wild dynamic. On the one end you have users who oversee more than $100 million a year in deal flow and on the other users looking to make ends meet by setting up a one-man ISO in their moms' basements. I say this quite literally.

High marketing costs have no doubt contributed to a lot of the grudges we see voiced here. There is incredible amount of overlap experienced on deals. I am actually surprised there is not more complaining on here!

• If you can't afford a lawyer, don't be a funder. This is a litigious business and despite the myth that commercial financing is unregulated, there are plenty of ancillary laws to adhere to. States, FTC, OCC, IRS.
    • Have a lawyer review your contracts (merchant agreements, ISO agreements, syndication agreements, etc.) If you can't afford one or don't want to take the time to do it, this business might not be for you.
    • Don't send your deal to someone with a free email address (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.).
    • Dont send your deal to some random company just because they posted something on the forum, LinkedIn, or somewhere else. Check them out on Google, ask other forum members to vouch for them. Be extremely smart and overly diligent about it.
    • This is not a get rich quick business or industry. You can lose money funding and syndicating. You can technically also lose money brokering on commission clawbacks for deals that go bad right away.
    • Leads are expensive. Do not launch an ISO with only 2 grand in the bank. (I've written about this before :-] )
    • Learn to generate your own leads and you will save yourself a lot of stress down the road.
    • A wise man once told me it is better to build a book of business and a long lasting passive income than to grind it out for a quick buck month after month. What's your strategy?
    • You will lose deals, commissions, arguments, and occasionally your mind. Accept your losses when they happen and focus on the next deal.
    • Use appropriate language. A company that buys future revenues is not a lender and their financial transactions are not loans. Loans have noticeable things like interest rates and fixed terms. Make sure you know which one you're talking about at any given time.

Well said Sean. I started out in my own basement and that was almost 6 years ago lol. This is one of the reasons why I started this thread about the complaining. We get alot of emails and phone calls from isos and brokers complaining about others and how unhappy they are in the business. They should really read your response.

Member Reputation points: 10

I agree with Sean on everything except about a free email. I am a direct lender, and I used a free email, and I don't have a fancy website as a front for my lending, and I loan out of my pocket as an individual. Most businesses are looking for funding regards if you have a website or in a big office building or working out of your home. Bottom line don't let greed over take you, and you will do well.

John

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post

Sean, I see you post often about the need to have contracts, iso agreements, etc, checked by lawyers. Do you really believe that Funders are lending in states without having first spoken to lawyers, as well as having their documents checked to make sure they conform to different states laws? I get this industry is a little like the wild west right now and anything goes, but that said if people are lending with at least having a conversation with a lawyer to check legality of the documents they are using then that is single handedly he dumbest thing I have ever heard. I don't expect people to keep a lawyer on staff but you better at least have ones phone number
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

So does anyone want to do business or just complain, contact me if you are trying to get deals done.

Just because the banks "Stack" does not make it right. The banks are hardly the place to turn to for ethics in business.
    Freddy Zalta
    President
    Cash Crunch Advance, LLC
    Direct 1-888-275-1090

Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    Just because the banks "Stack" does not make it right. The banks are hardly the place to turn to for ethics in business.
    I completely agree with you where stacking is concerned what Im saying is there is no consensus because there are no consequences

Quote Originally Posted by AllenTCFunding View Post
    So does anyone want to do business or just complain, contact me if you are trying to get deals done.
    Isn't the point of the forum to talk about the industry as well as trying to get deals done?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

I completely agree with you where stacking is concerned what Im saying is there is no consensus because there are no consequences

Isn't the point of the forum to talk about the industry as well as trying to get deals done?
    If someone does not want to read the back and forths - simply go to another thread. I agree with J. Celifarco - discussions can lead to expansion of knowledge which can lead to increased business.
    This is part of making money
    Freddy Zalta
    President
    Cash Crunch Advance, LLC
    Direct 1-888-275-1090

Member Reputation points: 256

Hey guys!
    I discovered this site a few months ago, and from time to time I get in to these trips where I get all addicted and then go MIA for a while... I'm now in my obsessed trip and while reading different posts I fell on this one. I've never actually posted on DF before cuz in my eyes I'm just a little girl among a bunch of machers, kinda on the opposite side of the spectrum of those who fund 100mil a year, but someone told me not to be shy and I decided that this would be the best place to start! I found this post super helpful and encouraging! Not to be corny but like a real funding community- old timers giving genuine advice to new comers. Although I'm a new comer I'm kinda old school in my work ethic, for example: I take low psfs, don't try and upsell to my max points if I think it's too much on the merchant ( even if he'd take it)... I would get a guy a second position or even maybe a third if I realllly realllly thought he could handle it...
    Anyways my point is that most of the peeps I know in this industry are the more aggressive guys who tell me to "stop being so emotional and concerned with building relationships... Just fund fund fund" yet I can't change my ways.. And trust me I dream of funding (literally).
    What I'm trying to say is that this thread was a proof for me that I am on the right path, might take me longer then other to really get to the level is like to be at but I can see that you guys made it with the same attitude, and that's inspiring!

If I could also take advantage of the vent/ constructive criticism space that the site also offers I would start off by saying pleaseeeeeee train your reps to be more polite when calling merchants who aren't interested. I spend my day calling UCC leads and the stories I hear from secretaries and merchants alike are a joke. No need to burn the lead for every future broker calling just cuz you weren't lucky enough to catch the guy at the time he was looking for funding. Numerous times have merchants told me they weren't interested and once I really got talking turns out he is but just has such a bad taste in his mouth that he thinks we are all the same and so he won't admit he's looking for funds. Plus besides for being rude I really don't think it's necessary to be calling the same merchant EVERY DAY again and again. I'm all about being persistent but again please no need to over kill.

Thanks for giving me place to share my 2 cents.... Anyone who has any type of advice to offer I'm all ears (especially along the lines of leads)!

Happy funding y'all
    Last edited by lovetofund; 10-16-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Banned Reputation points: 10

So true, great advice.
    Www.business2businessleads.com

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post

SPOT ON! *Continues to work behind the scenes*