Training an Iso Manager Internally
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 56070

Training an Iso Manager Internally

One of the big funders on this board had a son who was 10 levels below useless.

He wanted the son, we'll call him Bradley, to be his Iso Director, but Bradley had the worst people skills in the world. Couldn't speak well, low work ethic, introverted and unfriendly. The father is like, why should he give a seven figure position to an outsider when he has a perfectly abled son, but the son was costing him too much bin lost business, so he had to make a decision.

While he was considering disowning this kid, we get to talking, and I give him the suggestion of working under his brother (Bradley's uncle) who owns a pharmacy. He'll speak to customers all day, many of them regulars, and with filling the different prescriptions, he'll gain skills like attention to detail and relationship building, that will allow him to become an effective ISO manager.

Bradley gets shipped off to stay with his uncle and is working at the pharmacy for about 5 months now. Bradley's uncle is ready to put this kid through a window: whether its the kid being incredibly near sighted, or very poor attention to detail, or just unmotivated, he continuously mixes up prescriptions or is unable to find the correct one to begin with.

It's at the point where his uncle tells him the next prescription he can't find or gets wrong, you're out of here! And dad said not to send him back.

A man walks in with a prescription for a heavy recurring cough he has, the guy keeps coughing everywhere and isn't covering his mouth.

Bradley looks to find the prescription and can't find it. Knowing that the cold hard street, and an end to his comfy life is waiting for him should he dare fail, he grabs a box of laxatives and hands it to the man, and tells him to take the whole box in one shot.

The man goes outside and follows his instructions taking the whole box, and then stands by his car leaning on the door, but doesn't go in.

The uncle of course comes to Bradley and asks how the transaction went, and Bradley tells him.

You stupid IDIOT, the uncle Screams, laxatives won't cure a cough!!

Sure it will, says Bradley.... look at him leaning on his car, he's scared to cough.

At www.Dumbleads.com you're more than a client to us. You're family. Reach out to us to learn what that dedication is about.

Senior Member Reputation points: 68259 Olderguy's Avatar

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid says "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota ."

Well, the boss was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor. "How many customers bought something from you today?"

The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One".

The boss says "Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day. That will have to change, and soon, if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida . One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota , but you're not on the farm anymore, son."

The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"

The kid looks up at his boss and says "$101,237.65".

The boss, astonished, says $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?"

The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.’
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.