Decorum for the Forum
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Decorum for the Forum

Dear Admins,

We all know it's very hard to vet everyone that registers and post on the forum. There are a lot of new members and some old members that spam every tread of the forum without necessary following the rules. Perhaps there is a way that some of the senior members with high reputation scores can help.

We all have the ability to block/ignore members for whatever reason. Perhaps if the senior members all block the same individual member the admins can reach out to a group of the blockers to find out why. If enough members blocked a member for spamming the forum or violating forum rules, that member can be warned or banned by the admins of the site.

Thoughts?
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

Senior Member Reputation points: 119936 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hedley Lamarr View Post
    Dear Admins,

We all know it's very hard to vet everyone that registers and post on the forum. There are a lot of new members and some old members that spam every tread of the forum without necessary following the rules. Perhaps there is a way that some of the senior members with high reputation scores can help.

We all have the ability to block/ignore members for whatever reason. Perhaps if the senior members all block the same individual member the admins can reach out to a group of the blockers to find out why. If enough members blocked a member for spamming the forum or violating forum rules, that member can be warned or banned by the admins of the site.

Thoughts?
    Count me in.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Banned Reputation points: 1394

Newly appointed Senior Member at your service sir.

Senior Member Reputation points: 65063 TheConfidentBroker's Avatar

I’m blue in the face after years of putting my two cents in the ways of validating and moderating the people who network and work within this industry on forums and social networking platforms.

As someone who runs their own group, it’s tiring and you’re constantly under some type of scrutiny for something and for one person, it’s a lot to handle. You have those who seem Kosher and fit a set of standards you would want as an example for the space but in hindsight they are the most belligerent and after a while you come to find that the energy you want to put towards creating a more “wholesome” environment is not worth the energy. We have more rotten eggs than nutritious ones and unless we drown them in water and see who floats we won’t be able to tell.

To come into a forum that is over 13 years? run and public to Google searches, there is no cleaning up now. How can you fairly with some sort of unbias approach vet and validate anyone in an unregulated space?

What are we supposed to have 20 posts a day of people asking “who does trucking?”

I’ve learned that this isn’t the world anyone needs to try to save and sometimes you just gotta let it be.

*if all the “spammers” were blocked years ago I wouldn’t be here and neither would all the other greats that you don’t know per their anonymity. We all know a few people in here who have real names that should be banned even if they aren’t spammers. We all have our thoughts and can push Admin around but at the end of the day, we’re all just f*ckin around on a forum fighting to delete Ronald McDonald and I honestly thought my week wouldn’t get anymore interesting 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MCApphub View Post
    Newly appointed Senior Member at your service sir.
    I blocked you days ago....

Senior Member Reputation points: 119936 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheConfidentBroker View Post
    I’m blue in the face after years of putting my two cents in the ways of validating and moderating the people who network and work within this industry on forums and social networking platforms.

As someone who runs their own group, it’s tiring and you’re constantly under some type of scrutiny for something and for one person, it’s a lot to handle. You have those who seem Kosher and fit a set of standards you would want as an example for the space but in hindsight they are the most belligerent and after a while you come to find that the energy you want to put towards creating a more “wholesome” environment is not worth the energy. We have more rotten eggs than nutritious ones and unless we drown them in water and see who floats we won’t be able to tell.

To come into a forum that is over 13 years? run and public to Google searches, there is no cleaning up now. How can you fairly with some sort of unbias approach vet and validate anyone in an unregulated space?

What are we supposed to have 20 posts a day of people asking “who does trucking?”

I’ve learned that this isn’t the world anyone needs to try to save and sometimes you just gotta let it be.

*if all the “spammers” were blocked years ago I wouldn’t be here and neither would all the other greats that you don’t know per their anonymity. We all know a few people in here who have real names that should be banned even if they aren’t spammers. We all have our thoughts and can push Admin around but at the end of the day, we’re all just f*ckin around on a forum fighting to delete Ronald McDonald and I honestly thought my week wouldn’t get anymore interesting ��
    Although it is entertaining, it's a bit much.

I had to hold back a bit from unloading Burger King fury on the guy.

It's Good Friday, can't eat meat.

It's like a child, let them tire themselves out, luckily Admin came in when he did.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    Although it is entertaining, it's a bit much.

I had to hold back a bit from unloading Burger King fury on the guy.

It's Good Friday, can't eat meat.

It's like a child, let them tire themselves out, luckily Admin came in when he did.
    I am going to hell for bigger reason than eating pepperoni pizza on Good Friday.....

Senior Member Reputation points: 67918 Olderguy's Avatar

I just block them...and move on...
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Member Reputation points: 13399 Finance's Avatar

It's unfathomable to me that MCApphub is so ignorantly out of touch with reality that he commented in advocation of the very post that was subliminally aimed at him.

Recalcitrant, illiterate insects like that are exactly what promote scrutinization of our space.

The prospective value regarding the addition of someone like that in our space is as close to zero as exists in the numerical sphere. It disgusts me that someone like that can even ephemerally exist within the same confines of the industry.

Member Reputation points: 13399 Finance's Avatar

Steve,
    I don't believe for even a second that you blocked him, he was your biggest fan, literally.

I wouldn't be surprised if he randomly showed up to your office for a job, keep a look out.

Senior Member Reputation points: 67918 Olderguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance View Post
    Steve,
    I don't believe for even a second that you blocked him, he was your biggest fan, literally.

I wouldn't be surprised if he randomly showed up to your office for a job, keep a look out.
    He did give me 4 reps.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.