Congratulations to Merchant Marketplace for crowd funding two mcas
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Congratulations to Merchant Marketplace for crowd funding two mcas

Just noticed the merchant marketplace funding two deals via their site using crowdfunding.
    https://syndication.merchantmarketplace.com/marketplace

very interesting. Anyone accredited investor can sign up and invest.
    Seems extremely transparent. Keep your eye on this.

Senior Member Reputation points: 27980

I can think of better ways to invest my money than 6th position MCA's.

In the short write up they presented on the website I read that they collateralized the real estate assets of the merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
    I can think of better ways to invest my money than 6th position MCA's.
    In what world is a 6th position at 126 payments sustainable with a withhold of 43%? They filed a UCC on the entities that own the real estate...MCA=Unsecured. You can't divert rent in the event a deal goes bad. Legit looks like they are selling their original investment out to syndicators.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe73 View Post
    In what world is a 6th position at 126 payments sustainable with a withhold of 43%? They filed a UCC on the entities that own the real estate...MCA=Unsecured. You can't divert rent in the event a deal goes bad. Legit looks like they are selling their original investment out to syndicators.

What type of term would you expect for a 6th position?

Securing MCAs with real estate was WBL's model for years, albeit usually at 1st position.

www.UccRadar.com - Large Sales Volume Merchants filling out Your Web Application

I believe their "security" tab to be very misleading.

I'm sure many potential investors would be under the impression that if a default were to occur, MM, would then move to collect from the actual property (force a sale?) itself. However, we know that isn't the case. They are nothing like WBL & this was a 6th position...as @moshe73 said, this seems like them using unsophisticated/unfamiliar $$ to pay themselves off...

Senior Member Reputation points: 14399

Unless this is a Reg D 506c offering, there will be problems down the road.

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

4th time funding him on a 6th month? how long has merchant marketplace been around for ? If they stacked themselves to protect their money with investors money, that will be messed up.
    side point this is the first time i have ever seen a 6th position 6 month with a 1.31 buy rate allowing 14 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe73 View Post
    It would be interesting to know who the other 5 positions were with.

[QUOTE=Franklin;177541]What type of term would you expect for a 6th position?

Securing MCAs with real estate was WBL's model for years, albeit usually at 1st position.

Placing a UCC isn't "securing" with real estate. WBL would make a consolidation loan and place an actual mortgage on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    What type of term would you expect for a 6th position?

Placing a UCC isn't "securing" with real estate. WBL would make a consolidation loan and place an actual mortgage on the property.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18841

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    Just noticed the merchant marketplace funding two deals via their site using crowdfunding.

Other companies do it better, safer, and with much larger volume.

Dang 6th?

BCP cleans up merchants a bit - we try to payoff balances if we can, 3rd is the most we'd put on. but at that point if we can pay off the first two then we will.

interesting though

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post

paul boxer on linkedin . i guess they will have to deal with some crazy stuff

Now this is a first for me!

Bobby Turner Jr of DAC Lending located in Dallas, Texas emailed to become an ISO Partner and a Syndicator with us. He filled out all the paperwork, signed all the agreements, completed the Persona Link (KYC Verification) and then was ready to start.

But Bobby Turner Jr. then used our banking information to pay his credit card bills.

This is FRAUD!!!

We had to notify the authorities and filed a police report. We called, emailed and texted Bobby Turner Jr to allow him the opportunity to address the situation. He responded "what is this was in reference to", we responded, then he ghosted us.

Please be aware if you are doing business with the ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    paul boxer on linkedin . i guess they will have to deal with some crazy stuff

Now this is a first for me!

Bobby Turner Jr of DAC Lending located in Dallas, Texas emailed to become an ISO Partner and a Syndicator with us. He filled out all the paperwork, signed all the agreements, completed the Persona Link (KYC Verification) and then was ready to start.

But Bobby Turner Jr. then used our banking information to pay his credit card bills.

This is FRAUD!!!

We had to notify the authorities and filed a police report. We called, emailed and texted Bobby Turner Jr to allow him the opportunity to address the situation. He responded "what is this was in reference to", we responded, then he ghosted us.

Please be aware if you are doing business with the ISO.
    wow

Senior Member Reputation points: 18328

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post

It's the same principle for this conversation, if the merchant defaulted, WBL had recourse to take the property.

www.UccRadar.com - Large volume merchants, filling out your application.